Friday, 19 June 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 25TH OF THE YEAR

Well we are almost at the half way mark of the year, how many positive/happy moments have you got to look back on?  I find a year full of Rocking posts a great reminder of the year, so if you fancy joining in this just blog, pop back link up and we shall come and visit!


Well last weekend was somewhat grey and wet one here in Yorkshire so we decided to spend some of the weekend arting (well I did).  I set too with great gusto creating lots of mini books using the fab instructions from Jen at Wear Crafts - I shared some of the items here I was completely hooked by the end of the weekend and now have 5 yes I repeat that again 5 of these lovelies in my mitts - no idea what I'm going to do with them!

Sunday found said 14 year old bag packing at a local supermarket, raising money for his trip later on this year to Lesotho, to say it was a relatively quiet Sunday and that they were only there for four hours, they managed to raised another £347 - which is awesome!

We also watched Mordecai on DVD which we picked up - an amusing Sunday afternoon film is about the total of what I can say about it, nothing stressful or taxing on the brain!

Monday saw me back at Podiatry with my stupid foot, I'm not sure why they kept an open appointment if all they are going to do is tell me the same as last time but hey - I got it reiterated and I have a slightly better understanding of why I'm in constant pain.

Tuesday arrived and we had theatre tickets to see a Midsummer Night's Dream, which was absolutely brilliant, a local cast in a small theatre - a thoroughly fantastic few hours spent watching a great play - brilliant!

Thursday afternoon was a meet up with a friend I've not seen in an age, she was selling some of her crafting goodies and wanted to give me first refusal, so me and my Mum agreed to share the items.  I took my Mum along as well and we had a lovely lunch and catch up and then my sister and niece joined us, so it was a fabulous afternoon!  We then headed back to my house afterwards and me and my Mum shared out our goodies - now to start creating with them!

Thursday evening brought us to an awards evening at school.  Said 14 year old had won an award for art textiles which made us so very happy.  We also had the chance to wander and look at all the fantastic art work in the art department from textile art to fine art - the pieces were amazing, including my nieces final piece!

We also got to have a chat with his teacher about a few of the items he had seen recently at art we had come across and about including it in his book, apparently this would meet the criteria for AO1 - which was news to us - so this weekend will be spent printing photos and matting them ready for inclusion into his book!

I've also had a simply fabulous time joining in with the Summer of Colour challenge - week 2 - two pinks and an orange led to another selection of sea creatures which I blogged about here so overall we have had a really lovely week (and really busy).  I hope yours has been just as positive and productive!

If you fancy joining in that would be awesome, at the moment there is me and Kate and Carmen when the internet allows her to play, we'd love to visit a few more positives, they don't have to be war and peace like mine, a brief bullet pointed list to remind you of the good moments and silver linings!

As I'm a little short on the old photo front this week I'll include a couple of layouts these were shared a few months ago on The Great Scheme of things which is colour challenge blog here

Me and said 14 year old went to a local pottery shop to paint cups in February half term!


The joys of slot machines at the seaside!


Gorgeous evening in Bridlington!


Anniversary champagne


Fabulous bird houses at Yorkshire Sculpture Park


3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely happy post (apart from your poorly foot).

    Well done to said 14 year old's award!

    Hope you have a wonderful (and creative) weekend :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to fit so much into your week Virginia, as well as going to work! I always seem to be busy, but at the end of day I haven´t actually done much! It is always good to have new (and previously used and loved) craft items to play with. The local drama sounds right up my street. The lad must be getting excited about his trip now. He seems to have inherited some your artistic talent, but you have always encouraged him to get involved haven´t you. I love the colour scheme of your layouts. I really must do some more of my scrapbook! I hope this week is another positive one. Hugs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. and breathe... you certainly manage to fill your days! LOL I think I need to get organised and start being productive... just need the last of the house reno things to be completed and then I will be able to craft again. What have you done to your foot? I have a problem with my big toe... osteoarthrtis and am going to have steroids injected into the joint tomorrow.... so am hoping it works!

    ReplyDelete