Friday, 8 May 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 19TH OF 2015

Morning all, well to say it's had a bank holiday in this working week it has felt mighty long!


Well it really has been something of a roller coaster week for me if I'm honest.  But let's try and focus on the positives.

The first positive is that we had a long weekend, which is always lovely and I managed to squeeze some time out on Friday last week so a very long weekend for me.  

Friday was spent catching up with family - which was awesome, we had a wander around town, checking out a few vintage shops, browsed the bookshelves of a two storey Waterstones - now I really could have spent all day in there.  We even managed to grab a gorgeous meal before heading home, having nattered our day away - utter bliss! 

Saturday, forecast rain, rain and a bit more rain so we decided to head to the cinema to see Avengers, a very long film and an element of it really frustrated me - but hey the boys enjoyed it!  When we came out we were expecting grey rain laden clouds - only to find brilliant sunshine so we ventured to the local ancient woodland to see this miracle of nature


We even saw the wild garlic flowering!


It was a little muddy underfoot so we went with hiking boots - can you see said 14 year old literally growing before your very eyes!


Carpets of purple!


A family selfie


Monday was forecast as the best day of the whole weekend weather wise, so a few phone calls around and we decided to venture to Chatsworth for the day for a posh picnic! 

We finally got said 14 year old to try out the crazy spinning chair!


Enjoying a sit down in the Chapel


Trying out the 2D chair - which my Mum stated really wasn't very comfortable!


A truly awesome day!  The biggest sadness of the day was that my sister was too poorly to come with us!


And the spring gardens are looking quite honestly spectacular!


So overall a fantastic weekend.

Tuesday wasn't so great as we'd had a poorly child all night and it continued into the day time. 

He went back to school Wednesday but was sent home with another ailment and as we speak is still suffering,  I'm grateful school reacted quickly, I'm grateful hubby could extract himself from work to collect said 14 year old and I'm hoping with fingers and toes crossed that he is now on the mend.  

Tuesday night was a difficult night to say the least as I had some big decisions to make about my current work situation, I am grateful for the amazing support of hubby, lil sis and the WW girls who helped me when my head was feeling a little crazy.  I'm grateful that I was brave enough to take a step back and make the right decision for me and I'm grateful to family and work colleagues for being positive when I really needed it!  My work life balance is set to change in a couple of weeks, but it really is the best decision for me.  So I'm also grateful that for once I actually put myself first. 

Thursday was another tough day, after what felt like a difficult morning, I ventured to my other work place only to be faced with an issue that I wasn't expecting.  Given the fraught week I've had it proved a little too much for me to be able to deal with if I'm brutally honest and emotions got the better of me.  I'm grateful that hubby took the time to have a chat with me when I got home.  I'm grateful that Friday is a brand new day and I'm off for a chat with work colleagues and ex-work colleagues alike! 

So from a fabulous amazing weekend the week has been a hard and tedious one - but I'm getting there.  There have been positives in amongst they are just harder to spot, hubby just stepping up to the task of cooking for the week without batting an eyelid for example.  Cuddles on the sofa.  Feeling relaxed with my boys around me.  Having some lovely meals - all positives in amongst the detritus of the day! 

I hope your week has been as positive and fruitful, if you fancy joining in then pop a post together, pop back and link up.  Your positives can be a selection of photos, or just a list or even bullet points - it doesn't matter how you mark the positives just make sure that you do! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm incredibly proud of you putting yourself first. About blimming time! x x x

    Both of them are shooting up so quickly - both said son and said niece! Both gorgeous too! I hope the poorliness goes soon and that you have a much more relaxed week coming up x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and looks like loads of fun...well done on making difficult decisions, and I hope they all work out really well for you - glad you had a fab weekend to help you get through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Virginia, I had some difficult decisions to make a little while back, so I know how you feel. I hope your decisions turn out to be the right ones, and the ones that are best for you. You cannot be all things to all people, and it sounds as though work was beginning to take its toll, so I hope it all balances out better for you soon.
    You are lucky to have such a supportive family, and I am glad you made time to all be together over the bank holiday weekend.
    The bluebells are so lovely. My favourite place to walk ever was through the blue bells woods in Surrey where I lives as a child.
    I hope all the sickness goes away this week, and you have a more relaxed time. Hugs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days with difficult decisions are just there to make those special "bluebell wood" moments even more spectacular (hugs) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, shame Mel was feeling too poorly to be there too. I hope that boy of yours starts to feel better soon, poor chap.

    It's been a hugely stressful week for you, Virginia - thank goodness you had such supportive family to help you through it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete