Tuesday, 14 April 2015

DOESN'T TIME FLY

Recently I've been spending a lot of time inside my head, it's a bit like a spring clean in the house but this one is for the mind.  I've been moving furniture around, trying out a new colour scheme and generally trying to get ready for summer.  Now the blue skies, longer days and warmer temperatures are starting to have an impact, it's as though my brain is coming out of hibernation and contemplating the changes that I need to make in order to move forward.

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job (well one out of two anyway) and next Monday signals a start of a new job adventure and with this change I'm embracing other changes that I want to make - note the word want rather than need.

So I've been neglecting my blog, I'm still creating - possibly not as ferociously as I did last month but that's a positive in itself as I felt somewhat manic in my approach to most things - which if I'm honest is never good!

So I'm going to share some summery layouts I did recently for The Great Scheme of Things blog - a colour challenge blog for any kind of crafting if you haven't discovered it yet then click here to take a look, the challenge goes live every Saturday and is a great start for any crafting, whether it's putting a kit together from your own goodies, knitting, sewing, crochet, art journal, altered art, card making, whatever takes your fancy!

First up photo of niece and said 14 year old with my Mum on New Year's Eve this was only a couple of days after my Mum had had a major op after being diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time.


Then my sister's crazy cat - AKA ginger monster, he has other names but is so mischievous this is what he's often referred to as!


Then the mad March hare at Chatsworth last year


And finally a shot from Flamborough Head.


I loved this colour scheme and would never in a million years have pulled these papers together as a kit - just shows you how fab a challenge blog is doesn't it!

So anyone else having a mental clear out - or is it just me?

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous LOs Virginia and what super PPs on the Mad Hatter one.
    Good luck with the new job and the 'mind spring clean'.
    Life has been pretty mad here, end-of-year is always busy with staff performance reviews and on top of that we have just undergone a major re-jig of our Regional boundaries so I have a new boss from 1 April (but still don't know who it is). At least the sun is shining and it is supposed to be really warm today.
    Have a good one.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts as ever Virginia...and as eldest has moved out again, I am panning a serious redecorate and rearranging of the entire house lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts. Not so much a mental clear-out for me as a definite decision to get out of the card.making rut and do other things (just for the fun of it,rather than because I need thinmgs for a table sale etc. I love the colour palette, and the way you have used it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been so busy and they are all fab!

    ReplyDelete