Friday, 27 March 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 13TH OF 2015

Morning all, well we find ourselves on the 13th Friday of 2015 - how is your year turning out so far?  Ours has been a little on the strange side and I think we might be on the cusp of change if I'm honest so let's watch this space to see if that comes to fruition.


So let's reflect on the last 7 days and see what we have to be positive and grateful for.

First up the fab hairdresser last Friday managing to work wonders with my hair bless her, we were off out to a Charity ball and I wanted something different so this is what she created and all in 30 minutes - I'd never have managed to come close if I'm honest!  Plus bargain price of £10 and it lasted all weekend and Monday as well!


Me and hubby ready for the ball, grateful that he managed to get into his suit for the evening despite his recent op! 


We had a grand night it has to be said! 

 

This was our group shot, my sister Melanie on the left, the very fabulous Amy, then hubby, me, one of my besties from school Bernie and her hubby Simon - a fab night was had by all! 


A fab shot of my sister and Amy - they both looked gorgeous on the night, were great company and we danced the night away!  


Saturday saw the 6 Nations, which was fab, despite my split heritage (English and Irish) I would have loved to have seen England win because it was such a ridiculously tall order for them before they started if I'm honest!  

Next up Steelers winning the league - fabulous - wish we had been there, but hubby still out of action so we just had to catch up with results! 

Sunday saw us venturing out and I drove us to Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, something we pass every time we go to Chatsworth and hubby always comments, so we decided to pop along and have a wander.  It was OK if I'm honest possibly not one I'd revisit.  I did learn things though which is always the sign of a decent museum isn't it.  It's history is with scythe making which I didn't know before we went.  We discovered that the clay pots made to melt the metal in were created by one main potter and were actually created using a mould (rather than being created on a potters wheel).  Apparently he mixed the clay with his bare feet in a square tray on the floor - I was amazed and there was even a historical photograph in the museum documenting such a man! 

Photo opportunities - said 14 year old demonstrating the dangers of sharpening scythes! 


The view of the dam was fab, you can see this by the roadside, but this was the only point we could access the dam easily on the site


The education room was quite good as well, with a set up to allow you to try pulling the pot and then pouring the pot - thankfully without the molten metal! 


Sitting enjoying a coffee and cake after our visit, popping to Beauchief Abbey around the corner, although something of a disappointment in all honesty but at least we've been. 

I did like seeing the pretty crocus bulbs flowering on the floor near the church. 

The rest of the week has been something of a blur, a good meeting at school on Wednesday night confirming that we managed to raise over £3K on the ball night which is pretty awesome.  Thursday was a crazy busy day working until late but the positive was managing some crafting into the evening - utter bliss.  

I hope you've had a good week with lots of positive moments to look back on and reflect.  If you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back link up and we shall come and visit! 


2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks fabulous. So glad you had a great ball, and a successful fundraising event. And it is great too that hubby was well enough to attend with you. The Industrial Hamlet looks like it was interesting even if it only rocked your boat very gently!
    The rugby result was the right one to keep this house a happy one. Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the fund raising...you looked wonderful :D
    Mixing the clay with your feet is called "puddling", and if you have never tried it you are missing a treat lol. (Did it a couple of times for well dressings in Derbyshire) :D XXX

    ReplyDelete