Monday, 2 March 2015

COUNTERFEIT KIT - MARCH

Morning all well I was eager to get started on the March kit for the counterfeit kit, I've abstained from the 'globe' like paper as I felt it was just too similar to the previous kit in February for me and I've discovered that I have lots of turquoise papers and even blue card stock but not so much of the good old yellows which is bizarre as I thought I had loads of them as I rarely use yellow!  Anyway I digress here is this month's kit (and I believe I'm going to be adding to this one given that I made a dent in it yesterday afternoon during the rugby match on TV).

I always start with lots of paper, I did manage to find a balloon paper but thought it was too muted, but then found another one - yay!


Some pale yellow cardstock as the yellows were a bit thin on the ground if I'm honest!


I had no wood veneer papers in wood colours (I found a distressed multi coloured one), so thought I'd add a couple in that had the brown colours in them to add to the kit


I've picked out a couple of packs of embellishments too but will refrain from using any pink elements if I'm honest as my kit doesn't lend itself to that.  I was hoping for a better 'close up' of the kit but it now no longer exists on the original website so I just went with the flow as it were.


I also managed to pull a few elements together to potentially use, orange embroidery thread and bakers twine, some wooden elements, a variety of washi tapes and so project life style cards too - I love a new kit!


I'll be sharing what I create on my blog over the next few weeks

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with from that collection.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful kit. Your hot air balloon paper is so pretty! I, especially love all your goodies in the last image. Looking forward to your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looking fabulous Virginia - can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kit Virginia :) Love the browns and yellows you added to the kit fun doilies too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to the blog post about the January releases on their blog:
    http://apieceofcakedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/01/store-news-sunday-january-releases-and.html
    If you click on the photos, you can see them a wee bit larger. That is the best I can find for details for you, hope it helps. I love the kit you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy collection you have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo for going with the flow and working with what you have! That's what CKC is all about! Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another awesome kit - I know you'll put it to good use!

    ReplyDelete