Tuesday, 24 March 2015

COUNTERFEIT KIT BLOG HOP - CHALLENGE #1 - LAYOUT 30

Good morning lovely people my turn on the Counterfeit Kit blog hop for March.

You should have arrived here from Laura over on Beads and buttons click here to go back if you need

If you get lost along the way - then you can always head back to the Counterfeit Kit blog here


I took up the first challenge this month and unusually for me I've stuck to just the one - that challenge was to do with borders.  In amongst my kit was a very 'regimented' paper made of hexagons I decided that if I put the inner section out I had a pre-made border, which I could add to with a different middle paper - I had a lot of fun and it will make me rethink some of my papers in future.  Additions of washi tape, a few strips of paper and some punched hearts.

The photo documents skimming of stones - which became more 'lobbing of rocks' if I'm honest.  But they both had great fun!

Right next up on the blog hop is the lovely Sherrie who can be found here 

And this is the total blog hop list in all it's glory

Lisa           http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Gemma                http://thesteelenook.blogspot.co.uk
Sherrie                 http://sherriesmuddlepuddle.blogspot.ca

16 comments:

  1. Love your LO Virginia. The hex border works well and the colours are lovely.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that paper and great way to use it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a border - less overwhelming than the whole sheet and double the use! Had to laugh at the lobbing of rocks comment - we get like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Marvelous border work and I think that this monochromatic page is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic! Great idea to cut out the centres & fill them with something different. That is thinking outside the hexagon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun memory, love love love that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of patterns and shapes here. Wonderfully scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea - I would never have thought of cutting into my scrapbook cardstock in this way. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever solution to the border challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute layout fantastic use of the hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Love the description of 'lobbing of rocks' too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool idea and a great way to make your product into something that will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the border challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great way to see your papers in a new way and to interpret the prompt in an original way too. Another great month of layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - I had that paper in my January kit! Interesting to see such a different way of using it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you have used your paper. The colors too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete