Sunday, 8 March 2015

CKCB - LAYOUTS 4 AND 5

Afternoon all, well for those of you who've been reading my blog over the last few days I can confirm that hubby is finally home, he's a long way off being better but just having him home is a positive if I'm honest!

Anyhow, these are the next couple of layouts created using my kit, I've put it through it's paces this month and have made the most of the bright day here to photograph the second batch that I've created.  I think I'm officially on the dregs - so might consider an alternative approach to the same - cards are coming to mind at the moment.  Anyway I digress

So without further ado the first one, documenting a walk we had when looking for some geo-caches - hence the title!  I added a little bit of hand stitching and some sticker bunting I've had for an age!


Next up photos of two fabulous illustrations by Emily Sutton at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.  I created a wavy frame with blue cardstock and added a couple of wooden butterfly buttons.  However, the bit I was happiest with was using the white pen that I got as part of a Secret Santa for Christmas from Karen, I've always struggled to find a decent white pen if I'm honest but this one is fantastic!


Hope you are having a happy scrapping day!

9 comments:

  1. I love the wavy edge with the journaling round it. May have to scrap lift that idea. Hope hubby gets well soon at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia, so glad to hear you have Hubby home - I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Two more lovely LOs.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts...sweet embellishments too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layouts.... hope your OH is soon better.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your hubby is home and hope that he gets better soon!

    Your LO's are beautiful. I love the colors and the sticker bunting in the top one. Loving the wood embellies on the bottom one. Great colors in those photos too!! Your LO draws your eyes right to those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layouts especially the first one. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that both of these have something special going on around the outside of the mat. Nicely done. Good luck with the cards, I just resorted to using up my dregs in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love hand-stitching! Love the whimsy of the wavy blue frame with those delightful illustrations. I am always on the lookout for a good white pen - what brand is yours? It writes so evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love your use of the white pen! Nice layouts!

    ReplyDelete