Wednesday, 25 February 2015

DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW CRAZY SHE IS?

So a few weeks ago, I fancied some new scrapping goodies, you know how it is - so much to choose from that what you need is something new!  So I had a wander around Jen's website over on Wear Crafts and selected a few items including this lovely January kit

January Scrapbook Kit

And it's the first kit I've played with since the bundle arrived (yes I bought more than one it would be rude not to don't you think).    Now in amongst the kit I saw fit to play with the die cut sheet - what die cut sheet I hear you - well that was my question to Jen after I'd played with the kit and she giggled and said - 

"hmmm well being as useless as i am, they arent on the blinkin website yet... oh I tell you what have a promotion on your blog... I have one kit left and whoever orders it gets the diecut sheet free if they mention your blog when they order  jx"

So there you go heard it from the great lady herself - one kit left and whoever orders gets a die cut sheet for free provided you mention the Celtic House blog - you can't say fairer than that can you!

So what did I make with said kit?

Well the first thing I did was take all those lovely die cuts out of the sheet - which left me a giant sheet of holes and then I thought - what fun to actually use the sheet that's left.  I had umpteen photos left over from our visit to Chatsworth at Christmas and thought it might be fun to create a layout with them.  With a few of the 'tag shapes' I had to open up the holes to allow for the photo.  But this is what I created and yes before you ask I am completely nuts!  I have a brand new kit to play with and the first thing I do is play with the off cuts - go figure!



And then I set too adding a little bit of white card stock and a fab sheet of aqua card stock to create a further six layouts 

Simple layouts, strips, matted statements, and some bling! The photo in this layout was taken early one morning at Center Parcs just after Christmas. 


Next up using the gorgeous pearlised card stock which is part of the kit.  I used some of the frames and matted a few of the items up on foam pads, the empty frame was perfect for adding journalling!  Photo of the library next to the theatre, It always reminds me of Night at the Museum if you know what I mean, I wonder what happens overnight in there - bet it's awesome!


Now this one almost ended up a sheet of the stripy paper (which was the other side - the dilemma of double sided paper), but then decided to challenge myself and cut lots of the elements out, creating fab elements to layer up.  I don't think it's quite the standard of Jen's fussy cutting but it's coming close don't you think?  I liked the 'love' banner below the photo and the 'memories are so sweet' statement so cut these elements out to make them pop.  I have also added a couple of pieces of washi tape to this layout.  The photo is  me and said 14 year old on Christmas Eve following heart shaped napkin instructions on the internet!


Next up border punches, I love them, can't help it, with the punched border you end up with the scalloped leftovers which I've used at the top and bottom of the page.  As this was a 'countdown' page it seemed apt to use the 1-6 statement, added a few elements and then hand journalling and finished with a sprinkle of punched hearts.  The photo - well the first thing said 14 year old did on the 1st December (it's kind of a tradition) was to check out Norad - the magic of Christmas still well and truly alive in this house!


Then the bold graphic grey element - I loved this paper, once again layering u elements.  Using a photo from a meal out at Center Parcs after Christmas of me, my sister, my niece and my Mum!


And the final page, again elements - inked edges, breaking up the component parts, hard journalling and yes the world's strangest photo!  This documents what happens on Christmas day when the wine is flowing and you can't be bothered to go and get a new sheet of paper for the shopping list.  I keep normally a sheet of paper inside a cupboard door to document down things we run out of to remind me when I next shop.  Christmas Day arrived and no sheet of paper so hubby decided to stick the empty box of bay leaves to the inside of the cupboard door to remind us; it was only the following day when I went to add to the list did I discover what he'd done!


So there we go lovely people a gorgeous kit turned into some layouts and using up every morsel including the empty die cut sheet!  So whose going to grab that last kit? 

7 comments:

  1. Grief you get so much from your kits!!!!, and I always keep the "holes" from diecut sheets with the intention of doing something like this but have never gotten round to it....guess that's my challenge for next week :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. totes amazaballs missus! and that die cut sheet waste layout is totally inspired!!!! Come on peeps... one kit left ;) jenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages ..... made me laugh that you even used the cut out tag sheet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely layouts..... I adore that bunting!

    You are so productive!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. So many designs from the kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, I'm exhausted just seeing all of these - fabulous LOs Virginia.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete