Tuesday, 24 February 2015

COUNTERFEIT KIT BLOG HOP LAYOUTS 24 25 AND 26

Good morning lovely people

Well this is my part of the CKCB - AKA Counterfit Kit challenge members' blog hop.
You should have arrived here from Margie here
And once you've read this one you should head over and visit Julene here
If you get lost on the hop - never fear just heading back over to the CKCB blog here for a full list of participants!

The full list is here



Well another fab kit that I've enjoyed working with this month, I find I almost exhaust supplies from my kit before any of the challenges appear, thus making the challenges even more challenging if you know what I mean.

So first up Challenge #1 Invisibles and Clear Cuts

Now I've got ample piles of vellums and such like but always have an issue when it comes to attaching them, so this time I decided to use a vellum envelope, I had on my desk which was full of orange sequins, I attached on the left with staples and used two metal brads on the right! Photo taken very early one morning on our walk around Center Parcs after New Year!


Then Challenge #2 - Use a date Stamp in an Interesting Way

So I matted the photo onto a data stamped piece of white cardstock - the 'selfie' was taken on a trip to the theatre when we'd stopped for a drink. We had gone to watch Stomp live, which is fabulous I might add!  Said 14 year old rolled his eyes at us which is always funny these days, mainly because my phone doesn't have a forward facing camera so it always makes for a fun activity!


And finally Challenge # 3- Create an unexpected Title

I decided to go for a long title, technically with a question posed to us by these two Victorian Pick pockets, who asked us "Do you Fancy a Real Life Victorian Experience?" and when we frowned, they said they'd be quite willing to pick our pockets for us!  Thank you for this great challenge because I didn't know how I'd manage to capture this humorous moment if I'm honest!


So how have I done with all the lovely layouts I've done from my kit this month, you may recall that I started with 51 sheets of paper at the beginning of the month I think the total is 29 layouts - so not bad, not bad at all!  So that leaves me to say roll on the 1st March - hope the kit proves just as much fun!

11 comments:

  1. More fabulous LOs Virginia. It still amazes me just how many you manage to get out of your kit each month.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you amaze me every month with your productivity! 29 layouts in a month is awesome and quite an achievement! The March kit is lovely BTW!

    Really like the vellum envelope on the first layout - filled with sequins is perfect and that photo is gorgeous! I love CPs in January - I used to do it quite often with my mum when my siblings were still babies! It was always lovely to do that in the cold weather.

    Of course, the other two layouts are also great but that first one really spoke to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - awesome productivity - my fave is the final (very funny) page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super prolific! How do you store your albums? (I need tips!! My cupboard is full...)
    I'm also a bit jellybelly as I spy Cocoa Daisy supplies! :)
    Lovely layouts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love to see your layouts, Virginia! The metal and sequins in the first layout are a perfect compliment to the cold, frigid scenery of the photograph. Love your photo and pretty papers in the second layout. The third one completely put a smile on my face to start the day! Great unexpected title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute layouts :) Love the 3rd one that is a funny one :) I agree that is awesome amount of layouts you did with the kit! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layouts-I especially love the vellum envelope, as I am a sucker for sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layouts.The last one made me laugh,cheeky title. I'm so glad that you were able to keep up the enthusiasm with the kit,congratulations on doing so many layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an impressive month of scrapping. I always enjoy what you share with us. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you live such an entertaining life :-) Not one, not two, but THREE challenge pages - always awesome to see that! AND you killed your kit? Give that woman a cigar, lol! Seriously, you've done a wonderful job this month. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - 29 layouts?! That's awesome! Love your takes on all three challenges, and that story about the pick pocket is priceless!

    ReplyDelete