Tuesday, 17 February 2015

CKCB 12, 13 AND 14

Good morning

Well I've time to share more of the CKCB layouts that I did this month - I've seriously squeezed some creativity out of this kit this month.

First up 'Hi Ya' the top photo documents my sister and niece locked in the prison near the 'court' for the Alice in Wonderland trial regarding who stole the tarts.  The second photo shows how ridiculously small the prison actually was and what my sister said as she stood up and had us rolling with laughter!

Fairly simple layout, double matted photos, strip of contrasting 12 x 12 and torn 12 x 12 over the top, hand stitching top right hand corner, embellishments including the pre-cut circles and the type writer journal card.


Next up - I'm loving playing with white space at the moment.  Two unequal pieces of 12 by 12, strip of contrasting between the two and a few extra words and a wooden piece for the word love.  Hand journalling, add photo - job done!

The photo is of me and said 14 year old on my birthday last year exploring the gardens at Chatsworth!


And finally my 'crazy' layout, this was the psychedelic caterpillar as part of the Alice in Wonderland at Christmas last year, it was so colourful and crazy when we got in there.

The layout actually took a bit of time to do, a double frame on the outside and then patchwork paper in the middle meant that one photo on the layout got lost and it was either get out the gesso - which always gets me because it usually means the papers will buckle slightly or use two photos - I went with the easier option of using two photos.  Hand journalling on a couple of stickers.  Sorted!


How are you doing on your kit this month?  Hope you are having a happy scrapping day!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely LOs Virginia. The variety created by the differing styles really adds interest.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages. I, especially, love the patchwork; and, the matting makes it extra special. The Alice in Wonderland trail sure looks fun. Your boots are super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of detail that goes in to your pages. Fabulous stuff Virginia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have not been nearly so scrappy as you have been. These are great pages, and my fave is the second one with all that white space - works so nicely with that vertically oriented photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy girl you are! I don´t know how you manage to do so many layouts every week. The top one has some fun photos in it. I´m afraid I don´t do white space at all. I´ve tried the Clean and Simple card challenges but I am never happy with what I have made, yet I love lots of the other entries. Still we can´t all like the same thing can we? Kate xx

    ReplyDelete