Thursday, 29 January 2015

SIMPLE STORIES AND WEAR CRAFTS

Good morning, well the crazy white weather has returned which is causing unknown grief at the moment, I hate snow when it means my hubby, son and myself have to get from A to B and back again safely.  This morning hubby can't even get his car out of our road - crazy stuff!  So he's trying again with mine (gulp).

Sharing some more Simple Stories - layouts, from a kit from Wear Crafts - I've just been looking and Jen has some lovely sets on there at the moment, so don't forget to check them out here.  I like these kits because the are all co-ordinated and you get extras to make the layouts really pop.

First up a 360 degree photo on the floor, making it look like you were at the top of a boat mast, we took photos on it looking down as if we were really on the boat, but also wanted to document what it actually looked like.  This was taken at Hartlepool's Historic Quay.

 
I used some ink to break up the background of the white card stock and add some red card stock to make the papers and photos pop.

Next up one of those project life style layouts, I cut down some of the cards from a big sheet and then layered them over a white card stock, simple idea but really quite effective.  The photo documents said 14 year old and hubby managing to squeeze into a priest hole at Boscobel House, the tour guide said although they knew it was big enough, they had never had two people climb inside it!


Finally photo of hubby, I left plenty of white space on this and he wasn't aware when I took the photo which means it's a really natural shot!


I have been playing with some new Simple Stories papers that Jen has sent me and oh they are really beautiful, elegant and gorgeous, I'm having great fun with them at the moment, managing 8 layouts last night with plenty of them left to make more.

8 comments:

  1. Great LOs Virginia.
    Home the white stuff doesn't cause you too many problems.
    Stay safe & warm
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! you are rocking these simple stories kits at the minute! jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here with the white stuff...youngest left for school at 8am so as to not get caught up in rush hour...just texted to say he arrived 9.15!!! He could have walked it quicker.
    I have taken inspiration from you yet again...3 layouts yesterday woohoo...and one is PINK! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lo's Virgina. I like the red card with the embossed spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice set of layouts Virginia. I liked using the project layouts when I documented a year back in 2011 I think, but I am not so good at the whole pages with just one photo on them. Nice set of papers you´ve used for these.
    Take care in that snow. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these pages. You get such amazing photos. Love that one of the ship mast - I actually did think they were standing on some perspex or glass or something!

    Love the PL style one too - fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages, real story tellers.

    ReplyDelete