Thursday, 15 January 2015

JAPANESE GARDEN MINI BOOK

Morning all sharing more non 12 x 12 items this morning.  This was another mini book gift that I managed for Christmas, made using the now very old Far East papers by DCWV (Die Cuts with a View).  I made the book for my sister, it is utilising the same book style as the Christmas one I shared yesterday (which show the versatility of books as they look completely different depending on the papers you use).


The mini book documents a day trip to a Japanese Garden as part of a birthday treat of my sister who loves all things Japanese.  Whilst we were there we made up some Haikus (which I documented) and enjoyed some tea in the garden.


I used both photos taken and the Haikus to adorn the book, without (hopefully) losing the essence of the book.







It was a lovely day trip out where you got lots of pictures


The book includes pull outs from the pockets which I covered in photos as well






And there was an amazing crystal garden, inside that had been created - the room was quite literally buzzing!












Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Where do you keep all your mini books, I struggle for space for my albums alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great idea. I love that you had a go at the Haiku. Poetry is my other love alongside scrap booking and it's great to combine the two, with your oriental theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever of you to fill it with your own, relevant Haikus, so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mini book and love that used Haikus for journaling.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete