Monday, 12 January 2015

I DO MORE THAN JUST SCRAPPING - WELL SOMETIMES...

For the past year my blog has been pretty much wall to wall 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts - this is predominantly to do with the fact that I managed 365 layouts last year.  I've found previously that I can either art journal or scrapbook but not both - it's to do with where my head is at.  I'm finding the beginning of this year a challenge (in a fun way), in that I'm still actively creating layouts whilst I'm also joining in the Documented Life project thus blending the two activities that I find increasingly difficult to do together.  Be warned the last time I managed to do both, I found that both activities blended into a scrapbook/art journal mash up.

Anyway I've got a blog folder full of things I've done over the last 12 months but which I've not shared on my blog, as I'm having a bit of a clear out I thought it would be prudent to start sharing some of these things.

First up is a bid of fabric art that I created for Susie's birthday last year, my first time of dabbling with fabric for quite some time.  The base was a mix of a soft denim and a gelli plated fabric.


I printed the word off onto some t-shirt transfer paper and then ironed onto some cotton.  I add the beadwork by hand and the little silver locket.


You can see part of the quote up close, I loved the font!


Finally, it is designed to be hung on a door handle


I'll be sharing a few other things later, hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. This is super Virginia - what a lovely gift.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Virginia :D..I knew you painted, but haven't seen any of your fabric art before :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Virginia, it's gorgeous. Play with fabric more please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Virginia; a super thoughtful gift :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete