Friday, 5 December 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good morning/afternoon/evening delete whichever is appropriate.

Well the first Friday of December greets us and it's turned mighty chilly this last few days and the evenings are getting earlier here in Yorkshire if I'm honest.


Well this week is going to be a dig deep week, you know what it's like whilst life is good and I have many blessings there are a few health issues causing concern generally that need resolving not for me but for people close, so if I can ask you to offer up some positive thoughts in the interim for a quick resolution and positive outcome that would be really good!

Anyway this post is about positives so lets walk those.  Said 14 year old he really is an absolute gem and I can't put into words just how proud I am of him.  He came home last week with a Headteacher's Award for work in his textile art and he has had some positive statements made by his teacher this week too - makes me feel really proud of him.

Speaking of which, here he is after opening up his Advent Calendar - yes more lego that's obviously what this house needs!


Next up a visit to Kelham Island for their Victorian Christmas market, we headed over mid-afternoon and got immediately accosted by this couple of Victorian con-men asking if I wanted a real Victorian experience by having my pockets picked - hysterical, we disappeared pronto though when the mistletoe appeared!


Grateful to have a wander, catch up with my sister and my niece, enjoy the most lovely stalls, the beautiful surroundings, the mulled wine and the real ale and at the end of the afternoon the freshly made pizza!


Then the view of the fairground, a fabulous family afternoon - makes me very happy!

Next up Journal Your Christmas, I was so giddy to see it arrive again - my book is all prepared I just don't happen to have made a proper start on it yet - really need to sort that out if I'm honest.

Putting up the trees on Sunday and Monday - I wasn't expecting to get them done but they were relatively quick and easy and I think they look pretty!  So first up the stair decorations - ooh those teal baubles were incredibly difficult to get hold of!



And the white tree using the teal tinsel which turned out to be way too big for the stairs


Making some headway on the to do list, getting the Christmas cards sorted, two of the Secret Santa's arriving where they needed to and receiving both of mine, just the junque journal to arrive and it will be sorted. 

Right my lovely people well on the grounds we've got an advent liturgy to attend I need to get this post prepared ready.  If you fancy joining in pop a post together, come back, link up and we'll come and visit.  I hope you've had a fabulous week! 


7 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of me then, although I have made my cards.. just need to get them written and posted, lol! then I can think about some present buying! Have a great week and hope all the health issues are resolved satisfactorily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical week you have had. I'm sure all that positivity will spread to your loved ones in need :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of those Victorian con-men - what a lark!

    Sending my very best wishes and big hugs for the health issues.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Virginia. I love your decorations, I´m afraid mine haven´t made it out of storage yet, My post is done and ready to go but there is no Mr Linky visible on your blog. Not for me anyway. But you can find me by looking here . Maybe you can link for me.
    Your lad is a real credit to you both. He has such a lovely smile.
    The Victorian market looks fun. I love outings like that.
    I hope the health issues are resolved soon.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both my Santa's have arrived at their destinations and am now impatiently waiting for mine so I can have a feely, feely smell and shake :P

    Lots of positive vibes coming your way Virginia. hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What super photos - looks like a great time, and loving the decorations - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete