Friday, 31 October 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good morning lovely people - Friday - here already and so time to relax and sit back and take stock - I'll pre-warn you this will be a short one, it's just been one of those weeks but that is fine, short list, long list, detailed daily routines or just general amazingness - all is good if you are taking stock of the happies in your life - time for


So the weather allowing the work on the outside of the house to be completed!  Hurray!  Just need the scaffold down now and we'll be back to normal (whatever that is).

Aerial man being able to arrive quickly and sort whilst we have scaffold up (difficult neighbours - don't ask).

Carpet man been and gone and come back to sort a glitch and gone again, the stairs are finally starting to take shape.

Finishing off a few mixed media frames (mind you deciding when they were finished was the hardest bit).  We've enjoyed playing and adding layers - etc - might still add more later, but for now most are back in situ!

Said 14 year old for being very tolerant of the fact that he hasn't really had a proper lie in this week, what with the builders, the carpet people and the aerial bods - really has been one of those weeks if you know what I mean.  Mind you he has still managed a couple of PJ days when it suits!

Meal out on Thursday night - I've had quite a rough week and I'm not currently very well, so to escape from the house have no cooking or washing up to do and a gorgeous if not very SW friendly meal was a lovely change.

Having a few hours with said 14 year old Thursday afternoon wandering around the shops with me was fun too!

Needle felting and machine stitching this week - santa stockings for me and cushion covers for said 14 year old - it's lovely to see him enjoying the process if I'm honest!

Managing a couple of layouts in the middle of the week and the world's grumpiest craft group on Monday (aka my Mum, sister and niece who were all in 'one' of those moods)!

Looking forward to some quality time with my hubby and hoping my ailments leave the building - had enough of them now if I'm honest!

I hope you've had a good week, if you fancy joining in and taking stock and reflecting then pop a post together, pop back link up and we can come and visit!

I'll leave you with a layout I did this week (because there are no other pictures this week - promise to try harder next week). I've been wanting to scrap these photos of my sister and niece for an age, they are such fun pictures when we were trying to get them to smile nicely for the camera.  Taken at Portmeirion last year (where niece spent the day saying "I don't get it!" - I was struggling for papers (I know me struggling for papers whatever next) and hubby said - make your own, so stamps, masks and ink at the ready I created the background and then added little bits to finish it off!


4 comments:

  1. What lovely happy pics in the layout! Sorry you've had a rough week, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have definitely had a busy week by the sounds of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are not feeling 100%. I hope things improve soon. It will be nice to get the house back to normal, what ever normal is (I know what you mean by that). Another half term has been and gone, but at least you and your son did manage some time together.
    You should make your own backing papers more often. These are great, and just right for your happy pictures. have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading that your boy is as into making as you are :) I bet his cushion covers are fabulous.

    Hope things settle down for you this week.

    The scrapbook page is fabulous - perfect papers for some brilliant photos :)

    I posted - better late than never ;) x x

    ReplyDelete