Friday, 3 October 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good morning, the first Friday of October dawns and I'm here again looking back at the last seven days and seeing what positives I have to share for it's


I swear these weeks are speeding up, I really do.  OK so a brilliant weekend at home with family, sometimes weekends are a blur and I really don't feel the benefits properly, but last weekend was brilliant.  From the moment I stopped working on Friday to first thing Monday morning I felt like I had a proper weekend.

I put this down to having something of a plan, nothing major just a sensible plan that I could tick off.  Me and hubby popping out to window shop for a couple of hours to launch the weekend was fun, (as was the Yo Sushi snack we shared when we were starving).  Saturday saw us outside painting up frames and creating some mixed media for the stairs together.  It was fabulous to paint and chat and drink coffee and enjoy the autumn sunshine - a serious positive.

Saturday night saw us venturing off to the Maize Maze for the last evening they were open of the season.  It was really busy and there was a definite chill in the air.

We took this as we headed in you can see the maze in front of us, it was in the shape of a bicycle this year - very apt for the year the Tour De France came through Yorkshire.


We managed to find about six of the clues, but then the chill was getting a bit much and I definitely wanted a cup of tea, so we (finally), made our way out and grabbed a warm drink and a warm by the oil drum fire.  A fabulous family evening.


Sunday was lovely with no major things we had to do, we did a bit more on our canvas frames, made a lovely Sunday dinner and managed to watch a film in the early evening.

Monday saw us venturing over to my Mum's for a little tea party which was lovely, we were late home but enjoyed our time nonetheless.

Tuesday I got a bit of time with my sister in the evening which was lovely as it rarely happens in the week.

Wednesday was a bit of a blur but I did manage some scrapbooking which I enjoyed, I'm grateful that i have a fabulous hobby that allows me to switch off.

Thursday the biggest positive was catching up with a friend for a cuppa and a natter there really is nothing finer than putting the world to rights and it's brill because it doesn't matter how long it's been since we last saw each other we take up where we left off.

Other smatterings of positives, losing a couple of pounds this week, keeping top side of jobs around the house and spending time with hubby.  Being happy at work another major positive in amongst everything else, it makes such a fundamental difference.  The WW girls (you know who you are).

I hope you have had a good week too if you fancy joining in then pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit.

4 comments:

  1. Another cracking week - I am off for a weekend of crafty retail therapy with some friends so despite my cold arriving bang on schedule - been fighting it all week! - I'm looking forward to some fun time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely when you feel that you've had quality time - fingers crossed the coming week is just as good for you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Virginia. I'm glad you had a good weekend. I always fancied doing the Maize maze before we left England, but we never quite managed it. You had lots of good family time too, and you've lost more weight. Well done. I seem to have hit a wall on that one, but maybe, as it cools down, I'll manage a bit if gentle exercise, and that should help. Every week your scrap-booking makes me want to get back to dong some, but I am still working on Christmas cards right now, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like an amazing weekend Virginia. You pack so much in!

    Will we get a sneaky peek of your canvas?

    ReplyDelete