Monday, 22 September 2014

SIMPLE STORIES - FROM WEAR CRAFTS - A CHARMED LIFE

Good evening, well this is the first time I've had chance to sit down and write up a post, documenting a layout using the fabulous bundle kit from Jen at Wear Crafts from the Simple Stories range.  I've had loads of fun with this kit if I'm honest.

This one was seriously simple but effective (well I think it is).  I used a shaped border punch to cut the scalloped shape, I added a piece of vibrant cardstock from my own stash.  Put the main strip of paper across and replicated this with a thinner piece at the top.  Matted my photo and then had fun putting a running stitch along two of the scalloped edges with some yellow embroidery thread I had left from my cross stitch days.


The photo was from a recent holiday, we had a gorgeous seating area outside to enjoy the setting sun, hubby set the camera up on timer and raced back to his seat in time for the shot.  I think we look fairly relaxed bottle of wine and some reading, great company and some sunshine - nothing finer!

3 comments:

  1. Another great photo and lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were would we be without the timer on the camera's now. So much nicer to get both of you in your photo I think. I do like the stitching on your Lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous LO Virginia - love the colours you have used as they go so well with the stonework in the photo.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete