Friday, 29 August 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good morning one and all here we are at Friday already and it's time for


Oh what a week we've had - now stop fretting it's been grand.  Living at a converted granary for a week in a beautiful part of the world has been utterly bliss. 

So first up Bowes Museum - we had it on our list and it twas lovely!  


The Silver Swan is well worth a watch when it's working an amazing automaton we loved it!


The glass rods creating the moving water and the little fish swimming were fab too


Then High Force, really a force of nature worth taking the time out to visit, we were there on a calm day - I kid you not! 


And on a calm day you can get seriously close!


Raby Castle we couldn't take photos inside (which is a great shame) but loved the privately owned, privately lived in Castle!


The views of the Castle from the walled garden are awesome and it reminded me much of Alnwick Castle which is a personal favourite! 


The end of a long touristy day should definitely look like this!


Growing up involves teenagers ordering themselves a pot of tea - go figure!


Hamsterley Forest is a must visit - particularly if you have bikes with you (which we didn't but I still loved the Gruffalo trail - even if it involved said 13 year old rolling his eyes at me and saying the word 'Mum!!' a lot - other Mum's with teenagers will appreciate where I'm coming from on this)!


A day trip to Beamish and the Masonic Hall - I still love this Hall and all its secrecy and rituals - makes me want to go home and read Terry Pratchett (Guards Guards).


A drink in the pub - said 13 year old discovered his love of Rose Lemonade - it tastes likes Turkish Delight!


Then the fabulous  bag of chips - lad really wanted a portion of chips at Beamish - the one hour queue at lunchtime was definitely at the 2 hour length - so jaunting down at 3.20pm when they shut at 3.30pm was brave but bless the staff for keeping going, a 15 minute wait and he had the chips he desperately, no I say that again DESPERATELY wanted!


Can I just say I love this pig - she was awesome on our walk around the farm at Beamish!


End of the day! 


Mischief 1 and 2 at Beamish!


Now the next day I'd made contact with Jen, our wonderful, amazing leader of the Wear Crafts design team (and very obviously it's owner) and went to visit in her craft space and not only got to meet Jen but got to meet her wonderful Mum too!  Thank you both for a wonderful reception, for the cuppa teas and for letting me meet some of the wonderful crafters that meet up at Wear Crafts for fantastic craft classes!


Now Jen was not only an amazing hostess but she also suggested a place to spend the remainder of our day when we were leaving and oooh can I just say THANK YOU JEN IT WAS FAB!  We went to Souter Lighthouse run by the Nation Trust, an amazing no I say again AMAZING place to visit.  We ventured up inside the lighthouse, got chatting to all the amazing staff and volunteers that made the place work so seamlessly!


There are fabulous coastal places to visit from Souter which I can thoroughly recommend.

Today saw a visit to Hartlepool and the historic Quay and amazing ship that has been so lovingly restored.

I loved this sign.

The ship (and the blue skies which made it really special).


The coffee shop and the company!


Mischief 1 and 2 on the ship the HMS Trincomalee!


Looking at the exhibits


 Blue skies


Interactive pieces


And the beautiful views!


Climbing the mast despite my utter fear of heights!


Locking hubby up for being naughty!



And reflecting on a fabulous week, beautiful home for the week, getting to venture out find amazing places and spaces, loving mother earth and getting to meet friends in real life - utterly blessed that's the only way to describe it! 

Hope your week has been rocking, I've got to try and make Mr Linky work - which is probably not possible, so just leave a message and a link and we'll come and visit and I'll work it out when I get home. 

Hugs



5 comments:

  1. WOW! I thought I packed a lot into my week off last week, but you've probably beaten me! Love the photos, and what great places you found to visit - that swan looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now officially homesick.....how wonderful your week was...and you got to meet Jen!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing week! Said 13 year old is growing up superfast!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous way to showcase our area! It was brilliant to meet you all. I have the Dteamie photo set now :) jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, amazing RYWF Virginia. Loved all the photos - you always pack SO much in :)

    ReplyDelete