Sunday, 17 August 2014

MORNING ALL - COUNTERFEIT KIT CHALLENGE PAGES 11 + 12

Good morning, tis Sunday already, the weekend flying by, although I may well have had a time turner working yesterday as we seemed to cram in a fair amount.  Well I think it was a fair amount; had a cooked breakfast, boiler man came out to power flush system and sort the expansion vessel on boiler ready for winter, took said 13 year old to lock n load, popped to B&Q to buy some paint, came home, painted hall stairs and landing (just glossing to sort), hubby made a lovely tea of pan fried salmon, salad and sw chips, watched some rugby 7's, showered, had a snooze on the sofa and watched From Paris with Love in bed with hubby!  Like I said busy!

So thought I'd share a couple more layouts from my counterfeit kit this month.  First up another photo taken using my phone and a free app (so I can do the journalling on the photo - win win).

I used a precut shaped paper to draw around and cut the shape out.  Put a contrasting strip of paper that I'd hole punched across the middle.  Added a sprinkle of white stars and did some hand stitching around elements of the edge.


Next up is a panoramic photo that we did when on Flamborough Head beach.  I typed the heading and journalling on my PC and printed onto a sheet of paper.  Additional strips of contrasting paper and this was a simple but effective layout.


So there we go two more layouts.

9 comments:

  1. Super LOs Virginia. Fabulous photos.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. Great idea with the journaling on the photo, something I forget to do.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you do with those long photos Virginia - that whole LO is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great layouts and another great use of that panorama photo - what a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layouts and smart tip to trace around a precut I'll have to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, love the stitching on the first and simplicity of the second - great use of long strips to highlight that long photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work,i love that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts! You are really "killing your kit"! 12 layouts, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss printing out those long photos, need to get some printed asap!

    ReplyDelete