Monday, 11 August 2014

COUNTERFEIT KIT - LAYOUTS 3 AND 4

Morning all, don't Monday mornings arrive really quickly!  Not sure what that's all about.  Well it's blue skies here in Yorkshire at the moment, but still breezy after the wet weather yesterday.  I'm off to work shortly, but before I go I thought I'd share a couple more counterfeit kit layouts

First up was challenge number 1 over on UK Scrappers summer challenge; this one was to use a sketch they provided.  The sketch worked really well with smaller photos.  As there was soooooooooo much greenery in these layouts I was more than happy to trim them to make the owl more of a focal point and it worked really well with the sketch.

The photo documents me and hubby spotting a barn owl in the early evening when we were away at Aldborough recently!


I decided to print on the layout, cut the paper to A4 width, printed onto the page using a text box and then reassembled the paper with a different colour to the right - win win.  I got the peg hearts recently when buying some old scrapbook supplies from a friend who was thinning down her stash, I always find pegs too dimensional, so I dismantled the spring and took the back part of the peg off before I stuck it down.

Next up me and hubby's selfie on Flamborough Head beach.  We had such a wonderful day there.  Again I printed directly onto the paper then reassembled the layout, this was the second challenge on UK Scrappers and I'm loving how I'm managing to combine both my counterfeit kit and my UK Scrappers challenge kit in one go!


Hope you are having a very happy scrapping day!

10 comments:

  1. How lucky to see an owl in the wild. they are beautiful aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of printing directly on to your paper. Two great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like both of these - especially those cute letter tiles. And pre-printing the journaling looks great. I should remember to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts and just love the sefie that background in the picture is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy photo in that 2nd layout ;)

    ReplyDelete