Sunday, 13 July 2014

SUMMER OF COLOUR CHALLENGE - WEEK 5

Crikey I didn't think I'd get this one finished if I'm honest as I was away for a few days last week, but it just shows you when you put your mind to it you can achieve anything (plus I hate only doing half a challenge, so I had to get it done).  So without further ado this is this weeks rendition

Isn't it funny how you see a colour scheme and wonder if it will work and low and behold find that it does!  Gelli plate fun as always, add to it some red and blue cardstock, photos, memories and a few embellishments and I was set.

Said hubby and said 13 year old talking about how 'easy' this was (then proceeding to take 20 minutes to achieve it).


Then sieving through the 'archaeology' at the dig!


Walking above the Viking Street at Yorvik museum


Having a chat with the barber surgeon at Barley Hall


And enjoying the gorgeous hall itself


And finally the 'Viking' creating coins in Yorvik, together with his Viking Health and Safety perspex piece in front of him! 


Then A4 sheets of gelli printing I pulled the prints first and then wondered what to paint - last week was owls - this week I've gone for fish!









And here they all are!


I wonder what colours we will get for the final week - sob!

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I clicked the Facebook link so I got to see the whole series! So rich and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you know how to use these colors, don't you? Each entry is stunning, from the wonderful scrapbook pages to your gelli prints. Color me IMPRESSED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you are all "I don't have much time this week, so I'll ONLY do 6 layouts and 7 pieces of mail art" :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That delicious compositions with wonderful colors, I love these fish, great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous collection Virginia.
    I love the Yorvik Centre and loved seeing the photos as I haven't been up there for several years.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lot of work on these nice pages and they came out really well.One more week and I just have to be in on it-what about You ? Nice visiting You-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore your fish cards and the scrappages all work so well, especially as there is red in all of the photos. Super job BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vibrant fishes...they make a happy school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Virginia. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pages with your photographs, a really good combination. And I love your shoal of fishes swimming on a gelli-plated sea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a wonderful way to honor memories
    and such adorable fishies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, those gelliprints are amazing. So beautiful .... You did a lot of pieces, and those colours really do work well together in these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome page. Love the way you used the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pages as always :-) I love the fish you did at the end, so cute and lots of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful. I love making gelli prints too, they are so much fun. Thank you for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete