Saturday, 5 July 2014

SUMMER OF COLOUR CHALLENGE - WEEK 4

I can't believe we are on week 4 already - boo hiss!!!! Anyway, this weeks colours were apple green, a mid pink and a splash, splodge or smudge of dark green.  Gelli plate at the ready - I set too with my papers, creating a variety of A4 pieces (which were then cut to A5 and turned into mail art/art pieces) and the 12 x 12 were used to create layouts.  It's fun sometimes to have a series of layouts all using the same colour scheme (and gelli plating session).

First up the mail art/art.  Usually I send these through the year as mail art, but this year Sarah has a Free Art Friday commencing in Swindon and she put a call out for help, so most of these have been parcelled up to send to her (yes Sarah I may finally get around to sending the promised pieces), mind you some of the other art she's received is far more arty than mine.  The image is hand painted and should be an owl, but said 13 year old commented he liked my aliens - so they can be either I suppose.  Although they were supposed to be owls - whoops!


Then the layouts, it's always a challenge using the papers to create layouts that look different, but I think I managed it.  First up me and said 13 year old trying very hard not to look conspicuous whilst trying to find a geo-cache in a rather busy area of York city walls!


Then Jack and Jill the Shetland ponies in the field next to us when we were on holiday recently!


Hexagons for the next one, showing a Victor Bomber, for a change a plane hubby hadn't seen


Then plane artwork - I love seeing all the different designs.


Me and hubby in a shot taken by said 13 year old off the top of Clifford's Tower.


More Yorkshire Air Museum photos, this time hubby and said 13 year old with one of those fold up planes - as you do!


So that's this weeks installment!  Much fun was had wonder what colour challenge we will have for week 5.

25 comments:

  1. A bumper bundle of arty goodies again, Virginia! They are definitely owls, or aliens that look like owls! I'm loving your SOC inspired creations :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think they look like owls :-) Your gelliprints came out great, and you made beautiful scrapbookpages out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your mail art owls! And I recognized them as such right away. Your SOC layouts are lovely too - what great use of this week's colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your owls and the colors. Great job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, so many pages of SOC4 goodness, each and every page is beautiful and i really love your Alien Owls, they remind me of SouthPark figures (in a great way) :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all simply delightful! The photos make them so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely examples of the SOC colors this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks as though you had a wonderful time creating. sweet to see your owls and all the other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your mail art owls. Your LO's are fabulous, really striking. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! You really made some fun pieces here, Virginia! I love your alien owls. (I'm thinking there could be some out there, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Virginia! I love all of the wonderful scrapbook pages that you made using the SIOC colors. And your owls are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your 'Owls'...they look like owls to me (although now you've mentioned aliens....)

    Another fabulous collection of creations from your Gelli makes.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you combine personal photographs with the arty pages, and all the pages look so very different.
    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adore your owl mail art but you certainly have gone to town with the scrapping in this week's colours. Nice to see others doing the "geocache" thing. I love doing it too but my son and husband aren't as keen these days. Love the hexagon page. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your beautiful pages make the perfect background for your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've really managed to make those colours work, well done, I struggled! and I LOVE your alien owls! (as why not be both? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow all of these look great. I love the owls!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely use of the colours, such pretty pages!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw owls!!!

    What a wonderful array of layouts Virginia. I think its brilliant you document your photos and memories this way.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many beautiful layouts!! I wish I could produce things as fast as you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh I thought I commented on this. Look woman - just tell us your secret. You are part cyborg aren't you? You are amazing and such a huge inspiration Virginia.

    Fold up plane? Love Lusty Lindy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing creation! So pretty! And thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the plane photos :)
    Fabulous colours and cute owls :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am catching up on blog a thon... where has the last four weeks gone? I feel like I have been in a time warp... which is still warping... lovely colours and great work... what else would we expect! jx

    ReplyDelete