Friday, 27 June 2014

WEAR CRAFT 12 PLEDGES - ENTHUSIASM - JUNE KIT

Good evening well we find outselves on the last Friday of the month which can only mean one thing - the release of the next kit from Wear Crafts and at only £5 for the kit - what are you waiting for!!!  I love these kit that Jen puts together because they are so very different each month, last month we had pastel colours, this month we have a powerhouse of colour.  If you want to get your paws on one - then head over to Wear Crafts Link here So without further ado - this is what I've been creating with it.

This month I wanted to max the kit and show you it's versatility.  So I did lots of die cutting and dry embossing.  I started off cutting the page into 9 squares of 4" x 4" pieces, then I die cut the circle in the centre.  With some of the green card stock I ran it through an embossing folder and then highlighted the design with a little white paint.  With others I folded the circles to create squares.  I matted my photo added some lovely little wooden embellishments.  So what's the photo you might be asking, it is what we saw when we looked up when we wandered into Sheffield Cathedral.


Up close you can see the embossing and the cuts from the die cutter.


Then the next page, I kept with the gesso look, using it through a mask on the background, then I added some stamped stars and then strips of paper which I rounded at the edge, using some clothing tags that came off a recent purchase for said 13 year old! Punched hearts and a little doodling around the edge and the layout was really coming together.

The photo is of three of the Easter eggs we had to find, on our way around Wentworth Castle at Easter on an Easter Egg hunt, neither niece or said 13 year old were overly impressed, until they realised there was a prize - which turned out to be chocolate, you can imagine that they were much more impressed then!


Up close you can see how a little bit of gesso can really make the difference to plain backgrounds and then hand doodled hearts.


So head over to Jen's place now to get your hands on the kit, remember they sell like hot cakes!

If you want further inspiration then check out my fellow design teamie Lesley's post tomorrow which you can find here

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff Virginia, love that die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i am liking that first one especially... we have that lovely rose window in our cathedral in durham... i reckon some photos of that would go well in those spaces... lovely! jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gesso texture on the second one! Beautiful pages Virginia.

    ReplyDelete