Saturday, 28 June 2014

SUMMER OF COLOUR CHALLENGE - WEEK 3

Ooh I've had fun with this weeks colours if I'm honest.  However, it does seem to have taken me all week in which to finish them off, not sure why.  I did the gelli prints on Monday and then I've been playing with them since.  So without further ado eyes down starter for ten

Bluebell woods earlier in the year, this layout was part of a UK Scrappers challenge for this week.


Next up a welcome beer after the wall walk around York recently.  Gelli print, mounted on cardstock and then additional elements added.


Then the only wood distillery for lavender oil in the country - the places we find!


These photos are from some textile art at Yorkshire Sculpture Park that we saw recently, I loved the detail, even if some of the items used were a bit gruesome (animal intestines - don't ask).


Then the stealth F35 plane we found at the Yorkshire Air Museum - get it?


Next up the anniversary bowl created by me and hubby at a paint the pot place earlier in the year.  It was a wedding anniversary activity, rather than just a gift swap!  Much more meaningful and lovely memories.


Then me and said 13 year old at the top of Clifford's Tower in York, you can see York minster in the background.  The main thing is - how tall is said 13 year old!


Are you bored yet?  No - you lot are mad, maybe even as crazy as me.

Next up me and hubby at the paint a pot place, painting the pot!


Then I've done a series of mail art/art pieces, most of which will be winging their way to Sarah for her free art Friday in Swindon which is happening later on in July.  Most of these are A5, with either magazine images on, with the addition of stamping and oil pastels, or hand painted elements, or a mixture of both!  Do you have a favourite?















And this is this week's creations on my stairs, not well lit unfortunately, but I love to see it all together!


And that my lovely people is it, I'll be back tomorrow to share another layout from the 12 Pledges Kit from Wear Crafts.  See you then

25 comments:

  1. WOW, Virginia! You have been totally busy with this week's SOC colors! You created some amazing scrapbook pages and GORGEOUS art pieces! I am in awe of your talent and am so happy that you shared your work with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just totally taken aback by how much you have achieved this week with the SOC colours! 8 12x12 scrapbook pages - all amazing, 14 art pieces super too. Oh and don't be too put out by the height of your 13yr old son, mine was TALLER than me at 13yrs. He's 15 and a half now and I have been left way behind! But then I am only 5 foot and a smidge. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you really accomplished a lot! Great job. I especially like the scrapbook pages and the interesting stories that they tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! You've been a very busy lady! All are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not started this week's yet (again! - even Carmen's done hers....) I cannot believe how many pieces you've done - they are fabulous, but I think (maybe because I'm using some for something else) the heart pieces are my favourites... but they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am bowled over by the creativity taking lace here! Love how you use mixed media techniques in your scrapbook pages. I am just beginning to learn this. Very inspiring. thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with you created with the colors! I found them very difficult. Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with what you have done with the SOC colors this week! Every piece is just beautiful. I loved this color group and could not begin to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness me, Virginia - do you ever sleep?! My favourite piece is the one with the book, but of course they are all fab.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have worked hard with these colours, not the easiest in the world. I love the 1st heart in the series and the book, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow , you've been a bust little bunny, I love your pages, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, found these colors very, well, challenging! I am amazed that you created this many pieces of beautiful artwork, PLUS all of the scrapbook pages, too. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow-color me impressed with your plethora of beautiful SOC color projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow-color me impressed with your plethora of beautiful SOC color entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go on, admit it, that was Wonder Woman's plane wasn't it :-P

    Again you've gone and outdone yourself. All gorgeous, as for the cards... Ummmmm the book one or the masks are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gracious me! Do you sleep at all! What a lot of art work you acheived and all with the SoC colours in mind. How wonderful you went to a Lavender oil place too. I bet it smelled devine. :D
    ps - my 7 year old is just below my shoulder - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful collection of pieces Virginia. I love the tones you have used.

    Your 'group' photos on the stairs always amaze me as they show how much you have made. You sure have been busy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. poop I just left a comment but I don't think it went anywhere.....in summary .....everything looks fab! the photo on the stairs blows me away re your productivity! and don't worry about superhuman son, Connor is already an inch taller than me and he is only 11!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! All that in a week. You definitely make the most of your time for creativity. I love the lavender shades. I know I've said it before, but the gelli plate prints look brilliant on your scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Virginia! love all the pieces you've done with these colors!! I was over at your other blog and it's so beautiful , I really hope you don't close it..it's so colorful and full of pretty art!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness me, you have been busy! I love all your lavender projects. Great post, lovely artwork everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is all!? Gee, you sure have been busy! Can't believe how many pieces you made in the SOC-colours. They were not my favorite colours this week, but I must admit they look great in your scrapbookpages!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your work is amazing! I loved looking at your photos on your scrapbook pages :-) But really, how do you get so much done?? I struggle with one thing haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my goodness!!!! (stair shot) I don't know how you do it!!!!

    Such a lot of lovely work and wonderful memories.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete