Saturday, 14 June 2014

SUMMER OF COLOUR CHALLENGE 2014 - WEEK 1 + CKCB LAYOUTS 12 + 13

Morning all, well I was extremely excited to see the Summer of Colour Challenge go live over on Kristin's blog - check it out here so out came the gelli plate - the giant one - the one that is supposed to be big enough for a 12 x 12 paper - and yet isn't because one of the sides doesn't measure 12" grrrr - anyway I digress, this is what I made, so first up some new mail art - I can't help it I did loads last year with this and it looks like it will be the same this year, actually I might also send some to Sarah for her free art project in Swindon.


Another shot up close


A couple of the projects up close




Then a 12 x 12 gelli plate (I have to move the paper around on the gelli plate to achieve this), not sure I quite got the aqua blue off to a good start, so ended up with some gesso to brighten it up, there is a smidgen of pink in the page


And that then became a page, using up some more elements of my counterfeit kit too, so win win! 


Then another one prepared and ready, do you like my bright yellow element!


And then that became the following layout which came about as part of my second kit for the counterfeit kit this month, this was also a weekly prompt set on UK Scrappers by Elaine!


Now two backgrounds ready but not yet complete, but part of the summer of colour



Can't wait until Monday for the next prompt!

23 comments:

  1. THAT is an awesome bunch of images... Looks so great - Thanks for sharing

    Kind regards
    Mariane
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=950

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm falling behind already and it's only week one... love the layouts and your colours, Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers Virginia - your SOC4 artwork is amazing and there is so much of it! Do you ever sleep??!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous mail art Virginia - beautiful Summer brights. So lovely and cheerful.

    Love the LOs - the backgrounds you have created are super.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get so much done! I am in awe!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW vVrginia! You were so busy and you made such beautiful pieces of art here1 A wonderful way to used the SOC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those little images! Especially the girl with the big slice of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...so very beautiful...wonderful for SOC!
    Fantastic!
    Victoria
    Thanks for your kind visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! So much fun stuff! I love the colours and patterns in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome contribution. Your patterns are great. Thanks for stopping by my SOC post.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for being late & thank you for visiting my page. I love all the colourfullness in this post. It's one piece of candy next to another. Gorgeous works all round :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! And thank you for visiting me as well - happy SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flipping heck Virginia! I do love your mail arts and you are the most prolificly creative person I know!!

    Did you ever get on to the manufacturers about the Gelli size?

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! The mixed media looks fantastic, The layouts are cool too love te textures of the torn paper against the pages

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous use of the Gelli Plate prints, some amazing textures and love the colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both layouts are fantastic. Wow love what you did with the mix media on the papers looks really cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your gelli plate backgrounds and the artwork you made from them, very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW HOW MANY? Super loads, will you be doing this EVERY week - LOL BJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW - super mail art Virginia - and how satisfying to make your own 12x12 backgrounds - fab pages

    ReplyDelete
  20. brilliant use of your gelli plate. Mines an 8 x 10 one.
    fabulous layouts and awesome mail art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesomeness :) I would absolutely take some of the mail art pieces off your hands for free art Friday, they would go down a treat! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete