Wednesday, 18 June 2014

SO IT'S NOT THURSDAY THEN?

Good morning, well I thought it was Thursday which is always sad when you realise it's only Wednesday, although the week has gone relatively quickly up to now, let's hope the same can be said for today and tomorrow.

With the longer days and lighter nights I'm making a concerted effort to get a bit more done, last nights excitement included pulling all the items out that were under the stairs which proved interesting, it now looks neater and tidier but it still needs a bit more work to get it functioning at it's best.

But hey, I'm not sure you are here for my tidy up time discussion so I'm dredging the bottom of the blog folder with some layouts that have been in there a while.

This is a double page spread documenting the items we made when we went to paint a pot place last year, after they had been fired and brought home.  Said 13 year old made himself an ice cream sundae dish and I made a work cup with the mantra, 'today is a good day' on it.


I'm always amazed how fabulous they look after they've been fired, the colours come to life and it has a lovely sheen to it!  the smile laugh giggle at the bottom left hand side is hand stamped and placed on top of a free printable from over on scrappystickyinkymess - check this link to find more


The giant tag has been in my embellishment box for an age and this layout uses lots of border punches and some glossy accents.


Hope you are having a fabulous Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Super pages Virginia - I particularly like the message you get at the bottom of your Sundae :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super page Virginia - I particularly love the message you get at the bottom of your Sundae :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DLO Virginia. I used to attend ceramic art classes so I know what you mean about the colours coming to life after firing.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that last week! That's where ALL my handbags are - the child made me sort through them but I sneaked them back in when she went to school!

    ReplyDelete