Wednesday, 14 May 2014

CKCB COLOUR CHALLENGE #4 - RAINBOW

Now I've been working my way through the challenges on the counterfeit kit blog linked with national scrapbook day, it's been great fun.  Lesley's challenge was rainbow - yes that's right folks using every colour of the rainbow on my layout, now although I had a couple of papers in my kit this month that would most definitely have met most of the colours and therefore could have been used with a couple of additions, I fancied having a go at a technique in the Scrap365 magazine this month and I must admit I'm really rather pleased with the effect.

It started out as sheet of white cardstock, 7 acrylic paints were dragged out, as was mini brayer and away I went, I put the colours together that seemed to be more pleasing on the eye (I was tempted to go with the song, but thought there might be some significant colour clash).  Then I waited for it to dry, used some white gesso, a few stamps on the background in black, a few ink splats and it was done.


I've used a photo of the fantastic window at the new Coventry cathedral that we were lucky enough to visit last year.  My journalling is hidden behind the photo, which I matted up on purple and white to make it stand out.

Hope you've had a fabulous scrapping day!

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm LOVING that Virginia - fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is well pretty! fair brightened up my day... and i have a lovely wee bit of mail art sporting that stamp on my desk ;) jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rainbow is beautiful Virginia - so bright and cheerful. Lovely LO.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Love that painty background! Gorgeous Virginia!

    ReplyDelete