Wednesday, 14 May 2014

CKCB COLOUR CHALLENGE #3 COLOURFUL EMBELLISHMENTS

Good morning, well I'm sharing another layout for the counterfeit kit challenge blog's colour challenge, this was challenge number 3 and it was to use colourful embellishments.


I used an offcut from the fantastic Wear Crafts mini book kit that I recently received for the title (the bit that says Life documented).  I used an instagram shot of my Mum and sister when we visited Chatsworth last year and used the colour orange as the main prompt from the photo, adding orange half circle elements and a scalloped piece and some arrows.  However it didn't 'pop' enough, so I used some little bunting stickers and some shiny dots before adding the tag and the 'memories' sticker.  I'm really pleased with it, not only do the embellishment 'lift' the layouts, but as all of these were in my counterfeit kit for this month they cover both tasks.

The background paper I've had forever and never actually thought I'd use, this is why I love love love the counterfeit kit challenge because I use up papers that quite honestly will probably never be used otherwise!

Hope you're having a great happy scrapping day.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely colours - I'm hoping you'll be sharing a rainbow layout tomorrow!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO Virginia. You are right, the zinginess of the embellishments really does lift the LO. Well done you on using up more of your stash - the counterfeit challenge seems to suit you to a 't'.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous! I spy all kind of leftover parts of Wear Crafts kits on this one! great stuff! jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout it's a good color balance and I agree with you about using papers would have not considered using till now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colorful details really do add so much to this page! Thanks for playing :~D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layout, so bright, happy and fun...much like your day at Chatsworth I suspect ;) Thank you so much for letting me know about it; it is always a delight to see what our readers are up to xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful LO! Good job

    ReplyDelete