Sunday, 6 April 2014

Sunday Morning Post - Catch of the Day

Still tidying up that folder I keep talking about, so another layout to share.  This is 'Catch of the Day' when we were away last year, said 13 year old and niece came across a crabbing kit, net, bait etc, which had been left by the waters edge together with bucket.  They were adamant that they were going to catch something, so we just followed along knowing that we didn't really know what they were doing.


After some significant discussions and watching what others were doing they were off, the first crab they caught was quite a size and by the time they'd done they had caught five of them.  They were quite pleased with themselves and released them back into the sea, goodness knows how many times those poor crabs had been caught that day.

Said 13 year old wanted to take the equipment home, but we told him it would be nicer to release it to the universe so that someone else got the benefit!

The papers are papermania from a collection they did last year, I didn't buy them straight away but once we'd had our break with plenty of seaside days out thought I could probably do it justice.  I have to say it was one of my favourite kits that they've done to date and I loved the colour combination!

Hope you are having a great Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Crabbing was one of my favourite activities with my children & their cousins. They loved watching them scuttle back to the water's edge when released.
    Last summer I took my great nephew crabbing & when finished ( we just caught one crab ... but it was HUGE ! ) we gave our string tied round a stone with a hole in it & left over bacon bait to a family on holiday who were watching us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous page and fab memories. Thanks for your support Ginny, so very much appreciate it! Were the crabs not big enough to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super LO Virginia and what a great memory to record.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember watching kids go crabbing too - not a clue what they were doing. What a lovely memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO of a happy day - I have never been crabbing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they didn't get too "crabby" about not taking the equipment home!!!

    ReplyDelete