Monday, 7 April 2014

GARDENS OF ALNWICK

Good morning to you all, well Monday mornings arrive all too quickly these days don't they!  I'm sure they speed up these weekends, I really do.  We did have a lovely weekend though which is a bonus.  Anyway I'm still emptying that blog folder so thought I'd share this double page layout created after we went to Alnwick Gardens last year.

 Up close you can see a bit more of the hand stitched detail on the layout


and the rainbow photo and the water photo taken 'through' an amazing water feature there by hubby!


I'm loving all the chevrons that are about at the minute so 'made' these myself, there must be an easier way of making them than the way I'm doing them, but I do like the effect of them on a layout!

Hope your Monday flies by.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful layout. great balance for your 2 pager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely LO Virginia. The colours work so well with the photos.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO in love with those stitched circles Virginia. the chevrons kind of look like photo corner holders - is there a punch like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chevrons look supercool and your hand stitching always looks fab :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great double page, those photos are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chevrons. I am going to steal that idea I think. I really love it. And the sewing texture. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete