Monday, 21 April 2014

CKCB - LAYOUTS 23 AND 24

Good morning, well it's Easter Monday and my last day off before returning to work, had a bit of a lie in which is always lovely and now I'm here sharing some more layouts from my counterfeit kit this month.  This one is a double page layout being layouts 23 and 24 and yes before you ask I'm still creating with the kit (I did have to top it up mid month).

This layout documents the Mad Museum in Stratford-upon-Avon, recommended to us by Sarah - thank you Sarah it was a fabulous trip.  They had apparently just moved from their own premises to their new premises when we ventured in.

Given that we took an awful lot of photos it seemed sensible to do a double page to document some of the amazing items in there.  I also used the photo of the sign as my title, something I often do.

Up close you can see the 'title' photo, my journalling, a little hand stitching using up a square of papered chipboard that I've had forever and two of the amazing contraptions in there.  I love the typewriter that was attached to the bottles and made musical notes when you typed!


I also love the perpetual sand turned that imprinted the words 'that is it' in the sand before raking over it and starting again!


The background paper is one from a stack I've had a while and rather than cutting out the square from the centre of a page to create a border I simply cut strips of paper and put them along the edge. 

The original page comes from a sketch chosen by Angela on Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog when they covered sketches earlier in the month - which can be found - here and the original sketch comes from page maps which I've only just discovered there link is - here


Hope you are all managing some crafting this weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout and I love your rendition of this sketch it turned out so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! and i like that sketch! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I'm with Lesley G! Amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of the sketch Virginia and more fabulous LOs.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the sign photo as your title! Your "stitched" border does set off the spread nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mad museum looks fantastic. Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great place. Congrats on teh shout out at the CKC blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous page and take on the sketch, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sketch to use for an amazing layout!!! Gorgeous!! Great shout out for making the Fab 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This layout sure did deserve the Fab 5 wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete