Saturday, 19 April 2014

CKCB LAYOUTS 19 + 20

Good morning, well it's Saturday morning and I thought no finer way to start it than to share more layouts.

Both of these were inspired by the sketches the counterfeit blog design team shared recently. Now I've had the paper in the background forever and never thought it would get used up, it was part of a blue paper pack which I loved so much I ended up with two packs, but there were a couple of pieces in the pack that I struggled to use, strangely enough when I came to putting this layout together I found it easy!


I hand cut the tags out of spare items in the kit and used up some of the metal brad type things in the top of each one, I don't have the tool to actually put these  through properly so tend to use a hole punch to make a hole big enough and then I used a little hammer on the back to flatten the pins.  

A couple of hand stitched buttons and it was coming along.  I used a circular die as a template to punch holes around and did a circle of stitching on the bottom right and then I wrote the journal above that stitching and on the left hand side. 

The picture is of Aslan from the Narnia tales and was at Chatsworth last year in their Narnia themed Christmas event.  The actual item had little mechanical mice biting at the ropes as well as Aslan appearing to breath.  

This sketch came from the guest designer Maggie this is the sketch and this is the original design source if you click here


Next up a layout  shared by Jemma which comes from the Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch challenge - which can be found here


The photo documents our first visit to Coventry Cathedral, I wanted to see the statue on the outside of St Michael and the Devil for an age and as we were holidaying nearby it seemed like the perfect time.  We took plenty of photos of the statue and I have in fact up to now scrapbooked two photos of it, one with me and said 13 year old in front of it and the other of just the statue.

This is the sketch in question, I loved the swirly title element on the sketch but was feeling lazy so I hand drew the word on my layout and then punched holes and stitched it and overall I'm quite pleased with it!


I've loved all the layouts shared on the blog post over on the counterfeit kit team - if you want to have a nosey yourself click here 

7 comments:

  1. Both gorgeous and delicate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts, you're making great use of patterned backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layouts the first one really captures the paper too so you can see it too. I like that sketch and want to give it a try myself. the 2nd layout so cool and I like your take on it. I hadn't seen that one and will have to give that one a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing production from your kit! these are lovely from the sketches & I must say - you lead a very interesting life! Thx for playing along :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing production from your kit! these are lovely from the sketches & I must say - you lead a very interesting life! Thx for playing along :~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LOs Virginia. I love the Narnia one (one of my favourite collection of stories).

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so loved Narnia as a child and was so happy when my daughter was a fan when she was younger :) great layout and I agree, you get to do some great stuff and see some beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete