Tuesday, 15 April 2014

CKCB LAYOUTS 11 & 12

Hello well more layouts, I've loved this counterfeit kit up to now and I'm 'blending' different makes and styles of papers which I wouldn't normally associate with each other.

This first layout is an absolute favourite of mine, in fact it's on the front of my easel that I store my layouts on before they hit an album.

The 'birdie' line near the top of the layout is washi tape and the family memories element at the bottom is cut from another sheet that felt 'almost done'.  You know the ones where you look at the page and think if I add a photo that page is done.  Then proceed to not use it because in your eyes that isn't scrapbooking.  Well the way to use it is to cut up the component parts - that way it all gets used.  The counterfeit kit this month mentions using ruffles and I achieved that with some organza ribbon on the right hand side, you can just about make it out; it's the turquoise element.

The photo was as a result of a very giddy 13 year old photo-bombing his Dad's shots when we went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park earlier in the year - had me in hysterics!


Next up this 'layout' had already been started by me when I put the kit together, I'd already done the cloud, turquoise and border element of the page but never completed with photos etc.  I add a couple of cut elements from the Papermania steam punk papers that they did (that's the balloons) a pre-made tag, cut a star for the journalling, added some vellum under the photo and stitched a couple of buttons on!  

The photo is yet another one where he was photo-bombing the shot but I got the picture from afar!  Like I said had us in hysterics and made for some really natural shots of said 13 year old! 


As I've mentioned previously I've had to replenish my kit this month as I 'ran out' of full sheets of paper, I've had great fun with it and still have plenty more pages as well as plenty more photos to go through!

9 comments:

  1. Another couple of fab layouts Virginia, I think I might need to have a go at the counterfeit kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. two great pages -Love that they are such fun photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for using up those sheets of paper that look like completed pages, minus the photo. Love the steam punk balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages are so much fun Virginia, both in the photos and the way you've put them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layouts always fun to see the kids having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as usual Virginia... Love the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages - an interesting way to get a natural photo - maybe I shouldn't worry so much about my photo-bombers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have enjoyed your kit this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pages, I really love that cloud paper you used on the second layout!

    ReplyDelete