Wednesday, 16 April 2014

CKCB KIT LAYOUTS 13 & 14 - Hello There and Book Love

Morning all, well I'm on a roll with this kit again, sharing layouts 13 and 14 for this month.

First up this one which I based on the scrapology sketch for this month.  Now the sketch is based on a gorgeous layout but no matter what I did I couldn't find the right photo, when I found this one I decided to rotate the sketch ninety degrees to achieve the overall look of the layout! 


Photo taken by said 13 year old last year and it's a shot I love of me and hubby.

The sketch is this one and hopefully if you click the sketch it will take you over to the scrapology blog (fingers and toes crossed I've done this right), where you can see other 'takes' on the sketch!


Next up photo of hubby looking through a book he found in a second hand bookstore in Alnwick last year, it was Dante's Inferno and was from the 1800's.  It had a hefty price tag but was pretty awesome it has to be said. However, hubby decided against buying it, something he has talked about frequently since that day I might add!


I used some 'ledger' paper as the size of the book reminded me of those old ledgers that you can find sometimes.  I then added a mix of tags and journal blocks and the hot air balloon to the layout.

8 comments:

  1. I really love that photo of hubby with the book and the page compliments it perfectly :) And the hand stamped journaling on the first one is adorable *insert many smiley faces and hearts here!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely layouts Virginia. Thank you for taking part in our challenge.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch. Thank-you for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bookshop in Alnwick-and usually their books on line are cheaper than in the shop! Cute layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some super scrapping there, Virginia. :o)
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layouts and just love your take on that sketch, all I can say is wow that would be a tough one for me to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice clustering of the journal and doily pieces

    ReplyDelete