Monday, 24 March 2014

WEAR CRAFTS 12 PLEDGES LAYOUT - I LOVE ART!

Morning all my next DT layout for the fabulous 12 Pledges kit for March.


This layout documents a metal sculpture we found outside of the Enginuity museum at Ironbridge.  We took loads of photos of it as I wanted to document it all however it became a tad impractical for scrapbook page (even for a double page).  So I documented the sculpture in all it's glory on the right, my favourite element of the sculpture int he middle and two parts of the sculpture on the left! 

These papers really are so very versatile.  I used a scalloped edge I had and hand cut the papers to create the border top and bottom on the page.  Cut out some little squares, double matted the main photo to make it pop, 'gutting' the mats as I went to make the most of the kit.  And then did some scattered hearts on the page.  A little bit of inking along the scalloped edge and it was complete. 

Next up another page using this fantastic kit.  I've used strips at the top and bottom using a border punch I own the contrast of the red against the background really makes the page pop.  I've matted the photos onto red as well.


A smattering of hearts and some hand journalling and we are done!  The photos were taken at Yorkshire Sculpture Park when the exhibits were about fabric.  Gorgeous colours and great fun.  I hand stitched the arrows on the left hand side! 

If you want to learn more about the 12 Pledges kit then head over to the Wear Crafts site to see the details - link is here 

I've got more layouts to share from this kit so keep popping back!  

Hope you are having a great scrapping day!  

6 comments:

  1. More fabulous LOs Virginia - you have been really busy with Jen's kits.

    The sun is shining here but it is so cold - there is a thick frost on the cars but at least it is dry at the moment. The weather yesterday was so up & down; bright sunshine, pouring rain, gales and hale the size of marbles...yuck! Hope the weather behaves a bit better this week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - lovely art and beautiful pages - great PPs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you took so many pictures of that sculpture - it's certainly a detailed one isn't it? Love the little details you add to your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your little hearts :)

    ReplyDelete