Thursday, 6 March 2014

WEAR CRAFTS 12 PLEDGES KIT - FEBRUARY LAYOUTS

Good morning, I've been sharing what I've done with the Feburary 12 Pledges kit and it's add on partner over the last few days, check out the Wear Craft button on the right if you want to find out more.

The first layout documents a photo of my niece last year, I love the angle at which the photo catches her smile, she looks beautiful and very relaxed!


As promised, the layout using the spray heart doily that I mentioned yesterday - can you see it? Yes I split the doily by taking out the centre piece which you can see on the top right mat with the word gorgeous stamped in it. I then used the remnants of the heart split in two to create the element to the right of my niece's photo.


I made some more little cards similar to the ones I showed you the other day and added my favourite heart punch to the layout too.  A little hand stitching and it was done!

Next up hubby at Alnwick Gardens again last year, I had to document this as when we were stood there the water seemed like a perfect arc of water, but when we got to view the digital photos you could see the shape of the water spraying which made us giggle (hence the title).


I didn't want to 'lose' the frame that formed part of one of the sheets of paper in the kit, but when I tried to add it to other papers in the kit it kept feeling like it was getting lost.  The easiest way around this was to make it the focal point.  I matted it on lilac cardstock from the add on kit and then stuck it down to some white card stock.  I adhered the rik-rak ribbon above and the block and the beautiful lace ribbon that I inked with distress inks below.

I went for the 'confetti' look again but in a diagonal way and included different elements rather than just one.  Buttons, blingy pieces from the kit, punched hearts and stars.


It didn't feel quite finished, so I sat and doodled a wiggly line around it but realised there was a gem stone and button in the 'way' so at regular intervals I added hand drawn hearts to try and break the border up and distract the eye from the break where the gem was.


I hope you like what I created, check back tomorrow for a final layout - happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed a beautiful photo and I love all the blocks on your LO.
    A great second layout, love all the scatterings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful photograph of your niece!

    xx

    ReplyDelete