Tuesday, 4 March 2014

WEAR CRAFTS 12 PLEDGES KIT - 2ND SET OF LAYOUTS

Morning all, well here is the next set of layouts I did using the Wear Crafts February 12 Pledges Kit, click on the Wear Crafts button to the right to find out more UPDATE ALERT NOW SOLD OUT - IF YOU GRABBED ONE WHILE YOU COULD YOU DID WELL!

First up a page I created using a photo of me, said 13 year old and said niece at YSP last year, we were initially confused when we saw the metal framework being put up for the structure, it however, made much more sense when they added the letters which are lit up.  I actually agree with the statement and used the photo as my title as well!


I used strips of the graduated paper top and bottom, rounded the corners on my photo, photo mat, journal block and journal mat.  I hand cut the bunting at the top using a combination of hand cutting the 'v' shape out and using decorative scissors to create the bottom edge.  I then added some of the gorgeous brads from the add on kit and then hand cut the long bunting shapes on the left.

Next, I adhered the butterfly with some glossy accents, added a little stamping to the left hand piece and attached the button with a little hand stitching and then added the rik rak ribbon!

Up close you can see those gorgeous brads and the light bulbs in the structure!


For my next layout I used a photo of the beach at Barmouth last year when we stopped off, I adore pictures like this, find them so very grounding!

I used the beautiful heart doily that forms part of the kit, as a stencil, using a little spray ink that most of us crafters now have in our stash pile.  This particular one is a dylusions ink that I had to hand.  This means that the heart does 'twice as much work' - initially as a stencil, and then as a coloured embellishment - win win - check back in a couple of days to see how I used up the sprayed heart.


As I was in 'ink spraying mode' which I do inside a pizza box to prevent it going everywhere!  I also inked up some of the rose ribbon that is attached along the bottom edge.

Up close you can see the stencilled heart.


and the sprayed rose ribbon


4 comments:

  1. Really Pretty colours - Love your pages:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kit, there will be lots of disappointed people who didn't get their hands on it.
    Love that cute little banner and your sprayed heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that is just lovely... i really like the second one especially. The Dteam layouts are just fabulous and all so different! Brilliant!!!! jenx

    ReplyDelete