Sunday, 2 March 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - 12 PLEDGES - FEBRUARY'S KIT

Good morning I'm sharing two layouts I made using the 12 Pledges Kit from Wear Crafts this morning, as well as the original kit I also ordered the add on kit.  The original kit retails for £5 and the add on kit for £9 so what could I manage with this beautiful kit.

First of all I cannot begin to tell you how gorgeous the papers are, the colours are simply beautiful!

This is the original £5 kit!

February Scrapbook Layout Main Kit - Be Peaceful

And this my lovely people is the add on kit

February Scrapbook Kit Embellishment Add On

Check out the Wear Crafts site to find out more by clicking here or the Wear Crafts logo at the top right hand side of my blog.

So here is what I created using the kit and the add on.  Can I just say that this is one of my favourite layouts that I've created in quite some time, which is something because I very rarely get to the end of a layout and feel completely happy with it.

The story behind the layout, is just me and said 13 year old relaxing at Alnwick Gardens last year taking in the beautiful water features.


I loved the graduated paper that came as part of the kit,  I cut it into strips and you can see it above the word 'chillin' (note the dark to light colour from left to right) and above the scalloped piece at the bottom of the page (note the dark to light from right to left).  I used elements from the kit at the top and bottom.  Hand stamped the 'Chillin' title using stamps from my own collection.  I punched the larger hearts and the tiny ones too and attempted the confetti effect on the page with the smaller hearts.  Confetti effect I hear you cry?  Basically get a load of tiny hearts, sequins etc in your hand and drop from a height, where they land - stick them down - simple!

I also used some eyelets which had lying on my table to edge the bottom of the matted journal card I created to use some of the beautiful organza ribbon!

Up close you can see the hand stamping, which isn't perfect (but I like it that way), the ledger type paper and the confetti effect.


Next up a layout based on a challenge on UK Scrappers this month, it is basically made up of smaller cards and is fabulous to use up tiny left over elements that might otherwise be thrown away.

The photo is of said 13 year old insisting on getting up close and personal with one of the fountains at Alnwick gardens, to achieve just the right photo!


I punched out hexagons, circles, scalloped circles etc using my die cutting machine, backed the piece onto card stock from the kit and then hand stitched the individual elements with some leftover embroidery thread from my cross stitch days.

Up close, you can see the texture created from the tassel


The beautiful butterfly


The hand stitched stars.



6 comments:

  1. Great use of your kit Virginia, hand stitching!? - far more patience than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! it looks amazing! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovs love love ur bottom page. May just scraplift if u dont mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hand sewing is such a lovely touch on your lay outs .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Lovely LOs - adore the colours and you're right - beautiful butterfly

    ReplyDelete