Wednesday, 5 February 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - SIMPLE STORIES

A while ago, Jen at Wear Crafts sent me a sample of the Simple Stories items that she has available on her website (see top right for the button to find out more) and mentioned that some of these were being used in a 'project life' style way by some people.  Intrigued I had a look but was unsure as I attempted a similar project style last year without great success if I'm honest.  So they sat on my desk for a few weeks waving at me to do something with them, so I got them out the other week and decided to utilise them in some scrapbook pages.

Here is what I made, the first one page is where I took the 6 x 6 pages and I reconfigured them into a 12 x 12 layout, I think people forget the versatility of the 6 x 6 pads sometimes and that as scrapbook pads are designed to 'go together' you can easily create your own background page as I did!

I then added some hand stitching to the bottom and right of the turquoise square, some strips of the chevrons from another sheet of paper, a brad, some hand stamping, a hand cut journal card from another sheet and my photo and we were done. Documenting the fabulous tram that goes up the great orm, using an Instagram photo that I had printed.
Next up I took the remainders of the papers left, I centralised one piece and then added strips of the chevron and arrow style papers, a little phone charm, some hand stitching, hand stamped title and some journalling and hey presto finished.  This layout documenting giddy teenagers in a toy shop when we were in holiday, said 13 year old has an affinity with turtles and said niece just wanted to join in the giddy fun! 
This did then leave me with a tiny amount of paper left but I was determined to squeeze one more layout out.  I used the remaining strips of paper on the bottom left hand side, woven in and out of the white cardstock, I then added the remaining strips to the top left as an accent piece, the remaining larger piece of paper had already been trimmed down, so I rounded the corners, added the photo (with the corners rounded) and the title.  Another quick and simple layout, documenting a game of boules that the owners of a property we stayed in had left to utilise.  I think this layout goes to show how far some supplies will go!  The range is really broad with lots of different types of items in it and I enjoyed working with the bold geometric papers!  Fabulous stuff - thank you Jen!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Virginia :) I hope you are keeping well, you have been sooooo busy and I am loving all your pages and the way you get so much out of a kit it's great. I have some SS papers I am playing with too at the moment - hoping to squeeze a little scrapping time in later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous. Think I need to scraplift them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages Virginia and bravo for getting so many of them out of a kit!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the colours. Striking but not overbearing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LOs Virginia. You are so right about 6x6 papers...it is so easy to forget how useful they can be on a 12x12 LO.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts, love the woven one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stretching of 6x6 papers - my fave is the 2nd one - so bright and cheery and I love the stripy chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts - I especially like the 3rd with your intertwining paper strips :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab stuff! i like the second one best i think... might need that idea.... jenxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab pages, great use of 6x6 papers.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all and well done for getting to grips with this range....I've looked at the Simple Stories stuff and wondered what I'd do with it....and given up!
    Especially like second (such silliness is to be encouraged!!) and third LOs.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete