Monday, 10 February 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - ALL ABOUT A BOY - 2ND LOT OF LAYOUTS

Hello there, well this is the second installment in the layouts I've created recently using a selection of a an Echo Park kit sent to me by the lovely Jen from Wear Crafts (click on the Wear Crafts button top right to find out more).

This has to be one of happiest photos that was taken last year in Llandudno during our first visit there.  Said 13 year old tried his hand on one of those 'grabbit' machines, I told him it was pointless and that he'd spend a fortune, so you can imagine his utter delight when on his second attempt he got himself a Minion!  Honestly I couldn't believe it.  I kept the layout quite simple (I'm attempting to embrace 'white' space at the moment) as I felt the photo itself was busy enough, I didn't actually have a sheet of paper that was just the right shade of yellow so imagine my delight when I opened these papers from Jen, not only did the papers include this yellow sheet, but also the blue denim looking sheet too.  I added the pool ball sticker, used the All About a Boy sticker as my main title and hand wrote the journalling - quick and easy!
Next up the birthday lego layout, I added some hand stitching to the background turquoise papers, I used some gorgeous little wooden cloud like embellishments.  Next up I grabbed one of the title style pieces and cut out the central piece, thus allowing me to layer up on the white cardstock and create the journalling 'art journal' style in the bottom right side of the page!
 Up close you can see that hand stitching!
Last but certainly not least is this little layout, rounding the corners on the photos makes such a difference, I based this one on a sketch but now can't find it to provide the details, drat, I'll update when it turns up on my craft desk!

Adding simple elements to your layouts really does make all the difference, the little star stickers came from the pack.  I added an orange brad I had to hand to the compass point and layered up on foam pads ensuring it was pointing towards the birthday boy!
So there you go an amazingly versatile pack of papers that I've had such fun playing with!  Fancy getting your hands on some head over to the Wear Crafts website!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO's Virginia! Really like the last one, rounding the corners has a great effect on this one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for winning Minions!!!!
    Love all three LO's....those papers do complement the photos.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts Virginia, haven't got around to using my All About a Boy yet!

    ReplyDelete