Thursday, 13 February 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - 12 PLEDGES KIT - PART 2

Good Morning, well second installment of the beautiful January 12 pledges kit from Wear Crafts, as mentioned yesterday the kit is sold out, however, Jen still has plenty of the same range available, so if you want to get your hands on some head over to the Wear Crafts website (click the button on the right to go straight there).

For the next layout I used some turquoise cardstock and some coral cardstock that I had in my supplies and added to the gorgeous papers.

I know I'm sometimes known as the frugal scrapper as I try and squeeze as much as possible out of every paper that I have, this kit was no exception.  Do you see the two vertical strips on the left hand side, those were from the cut off element of the papers, you know the bit that normally tells you the make and the range well at one end it gave you the blurb at the other end it gave you elements of the papers, so I cut those off and used them on my layout.

I punched out the hearts and tried for a confetti effect.  Apparently you are supposed to drop them on the page and attach them where they fall rather than going for strategic placing.  I quite like the eclectic feel of it.

Now you may be asking what on earth is the layout of!  It's actually of a sphere that was at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park last year (alas last time we went it was no more).  It appeared to be 'stuck' on top of a shed type structure and had us very confused when we first saw it.

However when you went inside the shed structure you could actually go up some steps and stand with your body part way into the sphere, the acoustics were crazy in there and you also got an inverted view of the outside landscape on good days!

Up close you can see a hand cut zig zag border, the heart confetti and some glossy accents.


Next layout documents said 13 year old having a 'go' at diablo when we went to Harewood for their Play festival last year.

Having some great journal and title elements meant that the background noise (also known as people we don't know) could be obliterated out of the photo!

I attached the central paper to the busy border and hand stitched around the element.  I then added a strip of white cardstock and some of the diamond green to the bottom, placed the photo over the top and then added a felt border below the picture to finish the layout off.  I love the watercolour effect of the paper!

I have two final layouts to share with you if you fancy popping back tomorrow, they'll be at the end of my Rocking Your World post if you want to have a nosey!

3 comments: