Wednesday, 12 February 2014

WEAR CRAFTS - 12 PLEDGES KIT - JAN

Good morning one and all, well the lovely Jen from Wear Crafts sent me her most recent kit linked in with her 12 pledges, not surprisingly the kit has now sold out however, she still has plenty of elements of the range to go at on her website.  If you want to know more about future 'pledge' kits and ways to get your hands on them, then click the Wear Crafts link on the top right to find out more.

This kit contained some beautiful Basic Grey papers from their Fresh Cut range, I can't remember the last time I had the opportunity to play with Basic Grey papers so it really was a treat!

First up is a page I did for a UK Scrappers challenge using the colour coral, you can see the papers really lend themselves to blue sky type photos.  I added the pink cardstock to the kit and then played with torn elements.  I also handstitched around the edge of the pink cardstock with some of the never ending supply of embroidery thread that I still have from my old cross stitch days!

This page documents the village of Portmeirion; we got the photo when we set off along the coastal walk looking back!


Next up said 13 year old and a 'new' sculpture at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park that we discovered last year.  The papers have so many gorgeous colours in them that matching in the bright orange sculpture and the turquoise jacket he was wearing, really wasn't an issue!

I added some plain pink cardstock to the top and bottom edges, rounded the corners to the photos and the layered elements, used one of the gorgeous titles that are part of the same range and a journal block too.

Up close you can see the handstitching and journal block.  I loved the turquoise diamond paper that came with the range and as the papers were double sided extra versatile for layouts!


Check back tomorrow where I'll reveal more pages that I've recently completed with the same kit!

7 comments:

  1. Great pages....sweet memories.

    I love the yummy papers, tearing and stitching. Makes me want to play!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tearing and how good do the papers look with a "boy" photo!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice paper used on your layouts, & the stitching frames the layout so well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this kit and love what u did with it.. But the best thing and note this Jen real sewing lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this kit n what u did with it fab. Best bit... take note Jen.. real sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these layouts and the paper tearing looks great.I like the blue hoodie and orange sculpture together and the papers work really well with it.

    ReplyDelete