Thursday, 20 February 2014

MORNING ALL MORE COUNTERFEITING LAYOUTS 8 AND 9

Good morning, well I've been using up that counterfeiting kit since I started this challenge at the beginning of the month, I've now officially run out and will definitely be making my kit bigger next month.

Now another fun layout, the giant rose has been on my desk for quite literally months and because I had only one and it was stupidly big I didn't honestly think I'd be able to use it, however chopping it in half and splitting it over the layout means that finally (fanfare please), it is used!
The strip of red uses my gorgeous celtic border punch that I got in my Secret Santa gift from Carmen as part of her swap at Christmas, I adore this punch!

The story behind the layout is just another shot of Portmeirion when we were there, it's such a fabulous place to visit.
I also inked up a chipboard heart and used some of the alphabet that I'd printed using publisher, but my favourite element to this page is using one of my huge wood mounted stamps and some white ink to create the love stamp between the flower and the Celtic border that you can see above, I'd forgotten how much fun white ink can be on black cardstock!

Next up using the 'negative' from a die cut, I'd cut three square bracket shapes out of my kit to use elsewhere and realised as I'd cut them relatively squarely (unusual for me) that I could use them to put the component parts of the layout, a photo, paper for the hand written journalling and a quote.
The title is the publisher alphabet again, the stripey black strip with the heart on is actually the offcut from the top of the page, which had the whole for the pack to be hung in a shop in the centre - hence the heart to cover it up.

This photo was taken in front of the area where the original Hagrid's Hut was filmed at Alnwick Castle, the title is strategically placed to cover up the bright red bags of Harry Potter goodies we'd bought whilst in the castle shop!

4 comments:

  1. LOVEly pages and great strong colour combination and sweet photos :)

    I've finished my cousins scrapbook pages now and will see her next week to surprise her with it - thank you for inspiring me :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that Celtic punch as well. I'll have to see if I can find it here in Canada. Really like the way the white ink looks on the black cardstock.
    I'm a big Harry Potter fan so that would be so cool to go somewhere that part of it was filmed.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super LOs Virginia. The Black & Red scheme of the first one is fabulous and the white stamping on the black CS looks really effective.

    The cut-out panel on the second LO is great - how clever of you to make use of it.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have really been keeping yourself busy with CKCB this month - great layouts, keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete