Tuesday, 18 February 2014

COUNTERFEITING AWAY

Morning all, well this counterfeiting malarkey is such fun - I couldn't believe just how much fun I've been having, I'm gutted that my kit is almost fully depleted if I'm honest.

I might have to make a bigger kit next month!

This one incorporates some of the turquoise paper, based on the black card stock, I added buttons which I stitched to the paper.  I even managed a bit of stitching on the corner.


Up close you can see the hand stamped title; yes that does say Viking Flatpack.  This was the ultimate in DIY kit's when we were at Bamburgh Castle, apparently when the Vikings came over they brought furniture that could easily be put back together again, hence my title.



9 comments:

  1. Well I never knew that! Great page and a little history lesson :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that made sense but an interesting fact ! The origional IKEA !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a totally rad layout! Fantastic that your kit is completed and you've done some really cute layouts :) Love the actually sewing on the layout too and the buttons too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early Ikea? How interesting! Love the stories behind your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool page. Glad you've used up so much of your kit - do make a bigger one next month, so we can see even more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing stopping you from adding to your kit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, congrats on using up your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and love the little Viking tidbit you threw in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout and love the history lesson!

    ReplyDelete