Sunday, 16 February 2014

COUNTERFEIT LAYOUTS - SO MUCH FUN

Well it has to be said that I'm having an inordinate amount of fun with the Counterfeit Kit that I put together for the very first time this month.  I've shared 3 layouts with you up to now, but I've done plenty more.

I managed a double page layout, the 'zig zag' on the page comes from a template, I had a sheet of stickers that had a thin zig zag sticker on it, however the trouble with stickers is that they are single hits. However, once used I was left with the other side of the sticker which wasn't designed to be used but still had the shape on it.  As it was self adhesive I stuck it to some scrap card stock and subsequently used it as a template to draw around and cut out to create colour coordinated embellishments.


Up close the red heart was painted some time ago and I'll be honest I never thought I'd use it on a layout - it was just too big, but looking at it as a potential journal block was enough to get me using it up!


The pages document, said 13 year old having a go at glass blowing at the Jackfield Tile Museum when we holidayed in Much Wenlock last Easter, they were a sequence of photos showing the development of the glass.  As there were so many and I'd had them printed so big, I didn't think I'd get chance to showcase them in a layout - but with some careful cutting and a double page it was fairly easy to incorporate!


8 comments:

  1. Lovely DLO Virginia.

    We have a glass-blowing place at the Barleylands Craft Village and I love watching them work.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journaling on the heart is genius. I've never had the experience of blowing glass, that would be one I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you joining in Virginia and enjoying it so much - love that heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout of a cool experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun activity - love the use of the heart for the journalling - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, such a great idea of the journaling block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are doing really well if this is your first counterfeit kit! Go you! Yes, a double spread is always such a good idea for showcasing a whole row of photos and you've done a great job here. Looks like quite the day out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice layout! Sounds like you are enjoying your CKC kit!!

    ReplyDelete