Thursday, 27 February 2014

COUNTERFEIT KIT LAYOUTS 18, 19 + 20 THE FINALE!

Yes that's right these are the last three layouts from my counterfeit kit this month, I can hardly believe it either and I have every intention of making my kit for March even bigger if I possibly can because I actually finished using the kit around mid-month!  

Now this first layout was following a successful go at the Simple Recipes challenge on UK Scrappers this month, the original layout was subtle soft colours, but what I discovered through the challenge is the way of using up those tiny scraps to still create a great layout! 

This was taken at York Castle Museum and by cropping the photo and getting rid of the surroundings it keeps it's comical look! 


Next up the impossible task of filling a teenager, it doesn't matter how recently they ate, or how much food they recently consumed, the sub-tropical pool always leads to these two needing food from the coffee bar! 


Up close I managed to ink up a chipboard heart and stick to one of the cut elements from a sheet within my kit, hand stamp the word 'drinks' and add a little turquoise stitching!



And finally this one.  Documenting us finding the new Buddha statue at YSP last year, only to discover that we'd come across the same statue a few years earlier at the Beyond Limits Sculpture show at Chatsworth when it was 'for sale'!


This layout really was using the very last elements of my papers in the kit. The pink strip across the top had the hole punched in it ready for hanging the pack for selling so I put the 'Found It' statement over so I could incorporate the strip in the layout.  

The stars I cut out and used on other pages and then rounded the corners and stuck it down (normally this would end up in the waste bin), a bit of washi tape and a couple of hand cut 'flags' and we were finished

Phew is about all I can say.  Can't wait to start the March kit! 

2 comments:

  1. Phew! Well done you, great job with your kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really did manage to get loads from your kit - well done.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete