Wednesday, 26 February 2014

COUNTERFEIT KIT CHALLENGE - LAYOUTS NUMBER 16 + 17

Morning all, well more layouts courtesy of the counterfeit challenge kit, the first one is based on a sketch from week 2 of the UK Scrappers challenge this month, so win win. 

I got some plain copy paper and folded a sheet in half, drew half a heart on the same, cut it out and then unfolded it, I then used this template to create the large heart at the back. 

The layout was taken when we were at Center Parcs whilst we were in the subtropical pool area, it's unusual to see hubby without his glasses these days so I wanted to scrap the photo! 


I used up one of the small journal cards I made using Lesley's inspiration behind the photo at the top left. if you want to see Lesley's original post on these click here

I cut out circles with my Big Shot and hand cut the tags.  I tried the layout initially on a patterned background but to be honest it got 'lost' so popped it onto white.  I used up the hand stamped Love and the Always and Forever sticker.  I hand stitched the red crosses onto it.

Next up I hand stamped the black cardstock with white hearts (forgotten how much I love white ink), then attached the red rose paper to the front (I gutted the black card, couldn't help it, it's my frugal scrapping).

I then 'filled in' some of the hearts with glossy accents.  I stamped the heart journal blocks and cut out and used another of the cards inspired by Lesley above the top right of the photo to lighten the overall look of the layout.


This photo was taken looking out over Wenlock Edge which was immediately in front of a holiday cottage we were staying, the view changed as the week went along as we arrived when the fields were covered in snow, hubby enjoyed watching the view change as the week progressed!

Close up you can see the glossy accented heart.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LOs Virginia. I love your stamped background on the second one.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have been making the most of that kit - March is even nicer ;)

    ReplyDelete