Saturday, 1 February 2014

COUNTERFEIT CHALLENGE BLOG - MY FIRST COUNTERFEIT KIT

Don't ask me why but I look longingly at this blog every month and don't join in, initially my thought process was "I won't have any of those items" but the statement - who are you kidding comes to mind.  So this month I thought that I would actually get on and make a kit up.

So here is my first ever counterfeit challenge kit, red papers nope definitely haven't got any of those, hearts, nope definitely not, blacks and greys - nope don't think so - went a hunting and this is what I got!
 Embellishments - cardstock, quotes, black and red thickers.
Other items that I've added, bits of stampin up kit, some rub-ons, chipboard, a giant red rose I've had forever that needs using up!
 And here it is all together
 Bits of things as part of the add on kit, I'll cut the sheets of tags up later.
I didn't have any black alphas, so created this one on publisher this morning and printed onto white cardstock, I also got rid of XYZ of the alphabet and decided to add more vowels instead - now whose betting I want the letter Y in my first layout LOL!
And then ancillary items hubby found me out the stamps, I then crabbed some inks, distress inks and whole punches all ready - can't wait to get started.
I'm going to put all the papers in a clear plastic 12 x 12 bag and all the ancillary items in a box on my desk so they are all easily to hand.  At the end of the month I'll dismantle the box and put the items back before recommencing for the March kit - oh this is exciting!

15 comments:

  1. This looks like it'll be a fun challenge - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, even though you started out thinking you wouldn't have any items like the inspiration kit, it looks like at the end that you NAILED IT! Looks like you've got a great kit! But, I'm one to talk, as I do the same thing you said, I look at the inspiration kit and say "Oh, I don't have any of those kinds of things." Maybe I should take your cue and go look through my stuff too, and who knows maybe I'll end up with a good kit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely Counterfeit Kit Virginia... now you're in you'll be hooked... like me! Welcome to the CKC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...loving the sound of this challenge! Can't wait to see what you make with your kit!
    Hugs xx
    p.s. I've ordered the Wear Crafts kit today,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Virginia! Joining in at CKC will CHANGE YOUR SCRAPPY LIFE. You have done an outstanding job with your kit - all that stalking paid off, lol! Will be watching for those wonderful stamps :~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Teamie!!! Great to see you (finally) joining in with us at CKCB and just look at your amazing kit and counterfeiting the goodies already - look forward to seeing those creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So cool to see others starting their kits I was new a couple of months ago. Have fun with that scrumptious kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! Keen to see what happens next!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I wonder what you will get up to! fab kit, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You remind me of me.I stared at it for a month or two before joining in.
    Good work Virginia! I love your kit and there will be lots of stuff you can use up.I use a deep Pizza like box to store mine in and leave it next to my desk so it is easy to get things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You're going to love the CFK concept after you start creating with your first kit. You chose some great products to work with, I can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely kit. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW!!! I can't believe you didn't have any of the colors or the patterns!!! LoLoL!! Amazing kit! I can't wait to see what you create with it this month!!! I love playing along at the CKC blog and I hope you will too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea Virginia - looking forward to what you get up to x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the challenge. I'd say you did wonderfully at pulling together your kit. Isn't it fun to rediscover your stash?

    ReplyDelete