Saturday, 15 February 2014

CKCB LAYOUTS 2 AND 3!!!!

Good morning, well I'm in the swing of blogging my latest creations it's fun, photographing and blogging about them.  This month is the first month that I've joined in with the counterfeit challenge, I've looked on so many occasions before and admired but never joined in.  I actually thought what other may sometimes think in the 'I won't have any of that in my stash', but this month I thought I'd give it a whirl.  If you are an avid scrapper whose built there supplies over a little time, who has a stash of papers and some embellishments lying around the chances are you are not going to struggle to put the kit together and do you know if you don't have some of the component parts the blog posts inspire you as to how you can 'recreate' the items - genius I tell you!

So what have I made well up to now I think at last count I'd done 16 layouts with this kit (I know I know but I am a prolific scrapper so you have to forgive me).

First up I finally managed to scrap Mr Watt, when we were at Enginuity last year when we visited Ironbridge we came across an exhibition on Mr Watt.  I absolutely adored each and every piece, so much so we took loads of photos and I even bought the first edition book pack that they had, but for some unknown reason I'd not got around to scrapping any of the photos.

Now if I'm honest Mr Watt needs a mini book in his own right but I still had to use a couple of the photos; how cute is he!
I used a bright pink background, but I gutted behind it and behind the diagonal paper to make the most of the 'kit' I've put together.  The journal block is an off cut of paper and the title was off one of those multiple sheets that has lots of tags etc on.  I hand stamped the title with those little peg stamp things.

Up close you can see the title, the layering and the glossy accents.
Next up a photo of the main fountain at Chatsworth at the close of play when we visited it a couple of years ago.  I loved the sky that day!
I layered up the elements and chose to 'confetti' the hearts onto the page, also known as dropping from a great height and seeing where they fall then sticking them down.
I'm amazed at how much I have 'used up' as part of this kit, half used stickers, doilies that I've had lying about, it really has given me food for thought!

12 comments:

  1. Great pages. Hot pink is not a colour that would have sprung to mind for the subject matter, but it works really well with the Mr Watt photos. We loved Chatsworth when we visited a few years ago. So much so we went twice in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noiccce xxxxx
    Hey,woman, I replied to your comment on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem.you still haven't emailed me :-P x

      Delete
  3. I love the kit you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun paper layering here. I am enjoying seeing pink show up on pages that are not girly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea who Mr Watt is but great pages all the same, glad you're enjoying your kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet layouts and I like the way you layered up the flower too. Counterfeit Kit challenge is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts! Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layouts! You are really getting great use out of your February CKC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Mr Watt looks VERY interesting. It's a few years since we went to Ironbridge - must revisit. Lovely pages Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely layouts and I love reading about the positive experience you are getting from your Counterfeit Kit! We love it when people enjoy it as much as you :-)

    ReplyDelete