Thursday, 6 February 2014

CARMEN I BLAME YOU!

Recently Carmen of Whoopidoo fame mentioned that she'd started a sketch board on pinterest and invited me to join in!  Well I've been into sketches recently and she posted a fab sketch on there from the coredinations blog if you want to see the original post click here

Now I don't actually own any coredinations but it didn't stop me from joining in.  In all honesty I think it is more geared towards a card layout rather than a full 12 x 12, when I first started the page I threw several strops as I couldn't get get it to come together, in hindsight I think the matting of the photo should have been on different coloured paper but it was stuck so I had to add to it rather than peel it off and start again.

Isn't it amazing how a simple addition (the scalloped strips), can make the difference! A couple of embellishments and some bling and it was done.
Up close you can see the accents I used which looking at the bottom left one indicates it was off centre - oh well it's done now!

5 comments:

  1. That Carmen has a lot to answer for- this looks fabulous!! love the scallop edges..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that elongated photo across the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Virginia - I really like the unusual dimensions. Sweet embellishments too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I really don't mind taking the blame for this one :D That's gorgeous Virginia! I never would have thought to do a photo like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Carmen!!! I wondered what she was being blamed for..lol!
    Fabulous LO.....and I've done the same..scaled card sketches upwards to fit 12 x 12 (and your maths is better than mine!!)...and it doesn't matter if things aren't "perfectly" placed..I have yet to stick paper/photos/anything really in a straight line..as hubby loved to point out!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete